Bigger turbo, asking for trouble ?

ktl

Member +
Stock Headgasket + stock Headbolts . fully forged low comp pistons.

Currently td04 at 1.5bar but want to go vf turbo type for more power.

Am i looking at blowing the headgasket, headlifting etc as i know the vf turbo im looking at is max 1.4-1.5bar.

Any suggestions thanks

Eric

George611

Member +
im doing rhe same buddy just not mapped yet so only running it on 5psi....the way ive heard it from people is the stock HG will hold 21psi comfortably..as will the head bolts..but if your not sure jus wack some ARPs in there and a decent HG...ive heard the jamacians run 2 standard HG's with 300bhp 1.6bar?!.

How long you been running it at 1.5 bar? n what kinda power you getting?

ktl

Member +
im doing rhe same buddy just not mapped yet so only running it on 5psi....the way ive heard it from people is the stock HG will hold 21psi comfortably..as will the head bolts..but if your not sure jus wack some ARPs in there and a decent HG...ive heard the jamacians run 2 standard HG's with 300bhp 1.6bar?!.

How long you been running it at 1.5 bar? n what kinda power you getting?

its been mapped since august last year dude, running over 270hp. I got an athena on its way, ARP needs to be ordered.

George611

Member +
Ahh right and yuve had no problems?..nice figure for 1.5bar...yeh athena's are good..arps are only £130 not bad really save alot of agg..jus remember to blow the bolt holes out before you bolt the head down ;)

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
4age head studs, would solve headlifting eric, arp are good, but speak to gaz 4age hed stud conversion seems to be able to cope with more boost then arp.
also lower ur comp with a thicker headgasket matey.
u looking at the vf22???