Bike Opinions?

fec

Member +
Was just thinking off getting mountain bike again after many lazy years away from one...:p

I know there are lot off bikers on this site so wonderin if anybody could suggest good bike to get?

Something round the middle of the road would probably do,certainly nothing costing few thousand anyway which I'd say some off you have..
If it looks real nice all the better

So any suggestions off good brand or model much appreciated

fec

Member +
Something like XC or freeride,I presume these are designed differently to each other..showing how little I know here :p

get a motorbike - much more fun :)

Yeah much more fun right up until the point where you hit the tarmac :haha:

Paddy

Lifer
Something like XC or freeride,I presume these are designed differently to each other..showing how little I know here :p

Yeah much more fun right up until the point where you hit the tarmac :haha:

almost lost my life last year on my bike, farmer left a load of seed in the road - still didnt put me off though, being able to shit on porsches and ferrari's is just to good! :)

for a cheapish but generally good bike, specialized are a good bike. motorbikes are fun till you fall off them as i found out last weekend lol

boost abuse

Member +
cubes are a cracking bike, good value. that one looks very xc specific though, so if you wanna try your hand at a bit of DH or a few jumps it might not be the best bet

quadcorecraig

Member +
i have had XC, DH, Trials mod and full size in my time

i still have my dirt jump

get somthing hardtail then you can use it for all sorts my big DH was massive only good for when you let the lift up then ride down :p

buy MBUK mag see what kinda suff you like then go on ebay :) always better than buying new ,iv'e spent more money on bikes than cars one costing 3K

fec

Member +
What is a hardtail bike?

Say you could spend serious money on a bike,think seen one once that was designed by Porsche and cost 6/7000...:confused:

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
for xc ive got a kona four its nice and light and it does the job great. just right amount of travel for xc but it can still take some abuse.