Billet Turbos

Gord R

Member +
I have been spending yet more time researching turbos in an attempt to find a setup that is lower on lag but still giving a solid 275bhp.

Has anyone starting trying the billet subaru ranges that are on the market, Scoobyclinics SC range, Blouch's XT TD05-16g etc.

If so has anyone seen any improvements in response?

Thanks

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
less lag then what turbo matey???/
a 4e with td04 and decent head work should see the power your after without to much lag...
also some garrett gt28 series turbos can do what your after as well...

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
that gt35 we got on the green one is all billet wheel, custom shaft, and with the tial stainless v band exhaust housing and that spool's up like a td05,
think a 4e with head work, good cam's and a gt25 would be ripping, and would make 280 all day

Gord R

Member +
As mentioned I have tried quite a range so far. Near TD04 response would be nice with solid top end. I have a Gt2554R I am planning to try, but also have a subaru manifold setup I have got for a TD04, hence wondering about the billet subaru ranges.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
ive wondered for a while what the gt25's would be like on a starlet i bet they would make a good setup.

Gord R

Member +
Will stick to plan A for the moment then and see how the GT25r gets on, have just got a turbosmart wastegate to run with the setup.

Then after that may consider the A.F TD04 or Billet turbos.