Black eye

Heggers

Lifer
Right, opening myself up to all sorts of abuse here but anyone got any good tips for shifting a black eye?

Had a 'disagreement' and got a Glasgow kiss for my trouble lol.

Any ideas?

Dave.

Member +
Gutted mate, there are so many idiots about these days...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_eye

It says on there:

Putting a raw steak on a black eye (an old wives' tale) has long been known to have no medicinal value. Putting potentially bacteria-laden meat on a mucous membrane or an open skin injury can be dangerous.[2]

Treatment for the black eye can include ice, heat, and anti-inflammatory medication.

If it was a severe blow that caused the black eye (something more than just bumping into a door), blowing one's nose could increase inflammation. Sometimes the injury fractures the bone of the eye socket, and blowing one's nose can force air out of the sinus adjacent to the socket. The air gets injected under the skin and makes the eyelids swell even more. It can also increase the chance of infection.[3] Keep the head elevated (sleep with a few extra pillows, for example) to help limit swelling and pooling.

Dave

durmz

Member +
haha, why the need to cover it so much? ide rather just look like a mug for a little while than wear make up tbh.

tooth paste helps small infections like spots, might help

Derek

Lifer
haha, why the need to cover it so much? ide rather just look like a mug for a little while than wear make up tbh.

tooth paste helps small infections like spots, might help

Maybe where he works i know if i arrived into work with a black eye id be sent home straight away so id swallow my pride and wear makeup for that reason.

gv1.3

Admin
not an easy thing to shift unfortunately. If its recent ice it up to stop it swelling too much but if its been any time since its happened that wont do much good. There is some stuff you can get, my sister uses it on my nephews if they fall or anything, it stops bruising apparently but again you have to get it on there immediately. Dont know the name of it but you will get it in any chemist.

lingl9z

Member +
Ahh not good ive had major black eyes before, Never bothered to cover them up though or tried to make them heal quicker, I've heard the steak thing before.

Heggers

Lifer
Didn't realize sneezing could be so bad!!don't really want to infect my face tbh lol.

Got nutted just on my cheekbone Saturday night and it swelled up like a golfball. Yeah like you say boss wasn't too happy about it. Swellings mosly gone now but it's got a few nice colour changes to to through yet :(

stuart

Member +
not an easy thing to shift unfortunately. If its recent ice it up to stop it swelling too much but if its been any time since its happened that wont do much good. There is some stuff you can get, my sister uses it on my nephews if they fall or anything, it stops bruising apparently but again you have to get it on there immediately. Dont know the name of it but you will get it in any chemist.

Arnica cream its called I think!

And yes, if I copped for one and went into work with a black eye, I'd be sent home unpaid. :rolleyes:

Arnica cream its called I think!

And yes, if I copped for one and went into work with a black eye, I'd be sent home unpaid. :rolleyes:

I've used arnica lots of times, you can get tiny arnica tablets or the cream.

I've had massive bruises from rugby and it does shift them a bit quicker, i found the cream was best, can get it in boots and probably other chemists