Black smoke in boost???

Nick260890

Member +
hi guys, ever since i have fitted a FCD and RRFPR, my car has smoked in boost, so i took it to TM-Developments to get my fueling set up and they checked it all and sed it was fine, but it still smokes (not loads, but enough to make me think something aint right)

anyone got any ideas?

AdamB

Member +
Just means its running rich mate, slightly rich is a good thing as it keeps combustion temperature down :)

AdamB

Member +
Yeah as fuel pressure increases you will use a bit more fuel.
Doesn't sound like anything to worry about :)

Nick260890

Member +
do i actually need a FPR cus it dont start too well ether cus the FPR dont hold pressure when its turned off?

JonoPhilpott

Member +
What you got it set to i run td04 at 0.9bar and ive set the RRFPR to 3.1 and i get a smokey puff when boosting but ive been told its the turbo oil seals :/

Nick260890

Member +
yeah i know i need a FPR, but i was told i needed a RRFPR after fitting my FCD to get the fueling set up, so i bought a sard one, its just annoying cus now it dont start on the button, it tkes 2 attempts

JonoPhilpott

Member +
2.7Bar then... When i was Running my CT9 at 0.9Bar, RRFPR and FCD
My FCD was Set to 10 and fuel pressure was 3.1 bar

What other mods you got?

Nick260890

Member +
yeah my car aint far off standard, done the usual bits, what do you think about the starting problem? shall i just deal with it lol or can i do something to stop the rrfpr from loosing pressure?