black smoke

Basketti

Fresh Recruit
today i went out for a drive, my mates were following me and i floored it and theres heaps of black smoke! is the turbo stuffed? i also noticed that theres some oil around the bov.

I did a search on the forums but couldnt find anything. thanks

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
lol.. ur just running very rich... theres nothing wrong with the car.. but id say ur tune is far from perfect..

black smoke is basically unburnt fuel in the exhaust ;)

kon

Basketti

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the quick reply! :) glad i dont have to buy another turbo. so how did it get out of tune? its standard except for the podfilter. What about the oil in the bov? that means theres oil in the intercooler piping too.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
oil in the bov is something pretty common, i take it u still have the stock recirc pipe right? ie the one from the top cover breather going into the oem bov?

that sucks air & oil into the turbo from the top cover.. most of us just remove it.. untill ur turbo starts to smoke blue then ur fine ;)

kon

Basketti

Fresh Recruit
When i put my blitz bov on i just disconnected the stock bov from the intercooler piping and the vaccum hose and left it there. do i take the stock bov off and put one of those little filters on top of the engine? sorry for my lack of knowing what things are called lol.

i always thought my car ran rich when i floored it. when i put my foot down about 3/4 of the way it feels ok but when i put it all the way down it feels likes it flooding and not getting the power it should. I had a drag with my mates pulsar gti and we are exactly the same speed.

Last edited:

Deano

Banned
Shit pulsar gti the same speed those things do a 17.4 sec standard down the quarter mile and they do 0-100 km/h in about 9.4 secs even my dads auto vitz could beat one of those things you better get your car tuned at the mechanics shouldn't cost too much the little filter thing is called an oil breather they sell them at repco k&n ones they are really good

Last edited: