Black toms quadlight GT

twaiter

Member +
For sale: Black GT with toms kit

Item Condition:Used but good!

Price and price conditions: £1900

Extra Info:

Here we have my poor GT that i bought back in feb

I bought her from a chap on here, but unfortunately she wasn’t as described but as i drove such a distance to get her i figured for the right price i could make it work..

When i bought it, the gears where crunching and a lot of other issues that i wasn’t aware of at the time but he did tell me piston 3 was replaced along with the head gasket and piston rings etc.

When i got it home i contacted iain from CRD who has worked on my previous car so i could take it to him and let him do the work needed to at least make it road legal!
When he got it the following was done:

Compression test: 180PSI across all 4.
Rear driver side reverse light re-wired
Front fog lights re-wired and new bulbs fitted
Intercooler bolts replaced
Rear fog light fitted and re-wired with switch
Gearbox refurbished with 2nd/3rd syncros and 4th/5th selectors replaced.
Gearbox fluid replaced
Oil change with filter
Coolant changed with Toyota red stuff
Toyota dot 5.1 clutch fluid and bled
Rear engine mount replaced
NGK irradium grade 7 plugs fitted
Front and rear wipers replaced
New seat belt seat clip
Rear wiper motor refurbished
Drivers window motor replaced
Total was £573 (receipt here)

Iain has also replaced a gear selector cable, rear pads, done another oil change. (massive thanks to Iain and his dad for all the massive work)

I have also replaced the turbo with a ct9B from iain which has no play or smoke (been on for a few months but i always look for smoke on over run and idle, this gives non)

Other work done on my car by a good friend Jezza(from on here )

New small civic radiator fitted and system bled and his Rad mounting kit
Turbo swapped over with the above
New exhaust hangers fitted
Im sure other things but i will update later

The car was taken to Dastek over in fife for a run to check the fueling etc and made 143WHP at 1 bar(remember he has small rollers so readings are lower and this is with cracked mani) fuelling is left slightly rich as it was previously mapped with a hybrid CT9 which went pop after i bought her (just my luck). (i have the print outs here) so with fine tuning she can make a healthy bit of extra power!

The car also has a Autowatch alarm which was fitted 23/06/2008 with cat1 certificate printout, one of the micro sensors is currently not mounted to the car as the driver pillar doesn’t have a plastic trim.

Power Modifications:

Uprated manifold
Civic half rad with slimline fan (kicks in when needed, not on constant)
New coolant hoses
Pro FMIC
Bailey dump valve with added washer to prevent leakage thanks to Jezza.
Ct9b tubby with no play
Front mount air filter with HKS filter
Blitz straight thru exhaust (sounds awesome!)
Dastek unichip with receipt
Hks actuator
R spec Manual boost controller set at 1 bar
Speedo convertor fitted
Decat with lambda
TRD clutch disk and pressure plate
Breather on the cam cover (no oil on it at all)

Handling modifications :

Lowered about 35mm at the rear on adjustable shocks (hard/soft) and springs done by the previous owner
Front lowered about 40mm on shocks and springs (cant remember the make) all working fine
15” black alloys with red rim (could do with a refurb)
2 Brand new front tyres (all tyres have loads of tread)

Bodywork modifications:

She has a toms bumper but this has a crack (not hanging or separated from the rest of the bumper)
Toms side skirts
Toms rear spoiler (adjustable)
Read windows have some kind of grey tint
I have put the standard black GT grill on as its my preference but i have a toms grill which Jezza sorted as it was snapped but you can see the fibreglass when you turn it round, this will be included
I also have a 3 gauge pillar but i just need a bigger screw to fit onto the pillar(oil tempt and boost gauge fitted) again this will be included

Interior modifications:

Momo steering wheel
Motor boost gauge to 2Bar
Brand new Vibe 1500Watt amp wiring kit just installed
Rear parcel shelf with 2 speakers (not very good)
No stereo! But stereo plates are there.
Door cards with broken speakers (again previous owner)
All belts work.

My thoughts:

The car goes really well! When the revs get above 3500rpm she just shifts, its awesome!
Im gutted i have spent so much getting her up and running to the way i want, but with me getting a house i cant justify having 2 cars at the moment so ive gotta let her go!
She used NO oil! And is currently run on Shell ultra fully syn
She uses next to no coolent!
I have front pads that i bought from a member on here sitting spare as i thought i needed them but i didn’t, they are greenstuff i think, i will double check.

Current faults- im as honest as i can be:

The roof has a scratch about an inch long (no idea how) and also has paint fade as usual!
The front bumper has seen better days but isn’t too bad
The rear disks could do with a change but they still do their job
There is sometimes a bit of exhaust rattle when you come off the clutch to hard
The clutch release bearing is rattling (been a little while now)
The manifold has a small crack but it has been there for ages and hasn’t got any bigger and she doesn’t loos any boost so i wouldn’t worry about that just now.

No driver pillar trim,
Someone from when the previous owner had tried to get the lock with a flat head or something and so the lock has a small hole next to it, this could be easy sorted though.

The previous owner told me the cam belt was changed not long before i bought it by his mate, so the top cover is missing but the belt looks in good nick.

the air filter pipe is metal and was made for the hybrid, i have some rubber round rings onto the turbo which make the pipe fit fine but the actuator stops the pipe going all the way to the turbo housing, doesn't effect anything but worth mentioning.

The steering wheel sits a bit to the right but she stays true on a straight but might be worth while getting it tracked.
I think thats it!, these are all small issues really and are reflected in the price.

I have a load of receipts from previous owners including from myself and the V5
she also has a brand new battery and start first time every time

Just been taxed this month so a full 6 month tax
Also MOT was passed with no fault a few months ago
She is always ran on Shell good stuff, never misses a beat!
I have 1 set of keys as was provided by the previous chap with remote central locking and silent alarm etc
If i think of anything else i will add it in.

I'm sure Iain and Jezza will vouch i have really spent time and money getting this car up to standard, i really cant thank them enough for their work, and with it being them you know its been done right and to a high standard with no corners cut!
Priced to sell so please feel free to contact me and ask any question you may have

GUTTED TO HAVE TO DO THIS :(

BTW the mileage may go up a little if i decide to take her out..

Pictures:
photo1.jpg

car5.jpg

car4.jpg

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0525.jpg

IMAG0529-1.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

Contact Details: on here or 07912 688 083

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: pickup only

Last edited:

twaiter

Member +
i just took her out for a wee drive about :(

guys the steering doesnt have a fault as listed above i think the steering wheel just needs taken off and straightened up :)

No one interested?

twaiter

Member +
New photo added.

come on guys, she is very well looked after!
also worth mentioning i have Never revved her any were near the red line. infact 5500rpm is my max so the engine isnt hammered.

Always warmed up by gently driving off boost and always cooled down going slow for at least 2 miles after any spirited driving.

oil is checked always before driving and after driving, and oil is always kept at the max line.

so you wont be buying a car that is raced about, remember this is my second GT, the first one i sold was white (hence my name) because my little girl came along and i needed a safer motor, so now she got bigger i bought this, but now im moving home so i kick my self im in this situation again!

twaiter

Member +
thanks mate and thank you once again for all your hard work, and your dad. you have no idea of the appreciation.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
thanks mate and thank you once again for all your hard work, and your dad. you have no idea of the appreciation.

Thats what im here for dude, always happy to help when i can! To see the car now, compared to when you first bought it its a massive improvement!

twaiter

Member +
Thanks buddy! You could get a cheap train or flight up? Slight price drop to accomodate travel costs could be arranged...

Sick_Jack

Fresh Recruit
People who line up at petrol stations on the wrong side to their fuel tank bug me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Seriously though - it seems you have done a lot to get her back into shape only to let her go, good luck with the sale buddy!!

triple j

Member +
People who line up at petrol stations on the wrong side to their fuel tank bug me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Seriously though - it seems you have done a lot to get her back into shape only to let her go, good luck with the sale buddy!!

maybe he dont need petrol man just the shop

twaiter

Member +
Their was no pumps available for my side n I waited ages lol.
Yeh I've done a lot but someone can love it the same as me and at least they will be able to enjoy it.

I think the price is fair for what your getting, no one tempted?

twaiter

Member +
Price dropped! thats £100 to cover your fuel getting to the car and also putting fuel in to enjoy her on the way home.