blitz access ecu running lean

boostup

Member +
As above guys the ecu is running a bit lean what would u guys recommend to do thanks all help appreciated

boostup

Member +
Bar of boost. Fuel pressure regulator. Speed vision hybrid turbo. Road runner manifold. Blitz boost controller. Front mounter intercooler

weeJohn

Lifer
Lean all the time or just at certain times in the rev range, is the fpr linear or rising rate and what is the base pressure set at?

This is the first case I have heard about this with one of these ecus.

boostup

Member +
Im not sure mate i been told by the previous owner it was leaning out a bit when it was on the rollers. Do u think i should adjust the fueling to stock pressure until i get it checked from a tuner thanks

weeJohn

Lifer
Get it checked and the pressure set up properly for peace of mind. Best to look for a tuner or someone with experience of doing this as some tuners will be telling you all sorts if they have not worked with this set up before.

Gryzor

Admin
If the fuel pressure was set to 3 bar by the previous owner, I'd leave it at 3 bar until you can get someone to look at it.

Rev

Member +
Is the stock pressure 2.4 bar

I think you will find base pressure hose on is 226kpa 2.26bar 32.77 psi ( ref: 1996 terecel manual) people round this off and say 2.3bar. Stock FPR's can vary quiet a bit though so there is a little flexibility.

boostup

Member +
The fuel pressure was at 2.4 bar but I read on the forum to run bar u need to set it to 3 bar on the fuel pressure regulator

weeJohn

Lifer
Set it at between 2.5 and 3 bar, disconnect the battery terminals for at least an hour to reset the ECU, then take it to get a wideband check on it to know for sure what its running. Its the only way to know if its really running lean or rich, and it can be done on the road rather than paying for a rolling road session, while it gets the full air in.