Blitz bov wont sound, others fine???

lennyEP82

Member +
Hi all ive just fitted a blitz bov and it wont sound at all ive tried loads of different bovs in the past all fine. currently got greddy type-s and that is spot on. Ive stripped the blitz, greased it, everything moves fine and the greddy spring feels stiffer? Could it be a vacuum problem? it tries to sound when its at full strain but as a say its softer to push than the greddy and wound out to the max on soft any ideas is puzzling me its on my evo btw cheers for any help people.

I_<3_Boost

Member +

lennyEP82

Member +
Well Ive got the same problem, but I think theres a seal missing, is it the old type one or new?
This pic being new http://www.zfever.com/catalog/images/blitz_bov.gif
and old.....http://www.modacar.com/Merchant2/blow_of_valve/blitz_valve.jpg
Ive got the older one and it doesnt work! so annoying
This may sound cowboy, but i tried using it whist not on the car,by using the vac line and seeing if theres anyresponse but it didnt seem to be makeing an airtight seal to lift the piston...

cheers mate mine is the new type so ive added more confusion to the matter! bloody things!!!

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Ah well in that case, I cant help ya, have you checked there is good seals on everything, ie on the bov to pipe, and that the vac line isnt leaking!

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Another rookie way is take it off, push the piston up and then put your finger over the end, on the vac line in. if it holds up then it works, if not there isnt an air tight seal
you understand?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
I have the same probelm with my blitz BOV.. mines the one with the little filter on the end. It feels like not enough boost is making it 'whoosh' enough... It usually just chatters & barley whooosh's even at full boost!!
Ive adjusted the screw on top but makes no difference.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
@ Montana - Nice one for that. Had a look at the blitz page. Thats quite handy, didnt even know you can order seperate bits.
Have you had any luck with yours recently? Is it worth greesing the bitch up ? lol

ChrisGT

Member +
@ Montana - Nice one for that. Had a look at the blitz page. Thats quite handy, didnt even know you can order seperate bits.
Have you had any luck with yours recently? Is it worth greesing the bitch up ? lol

No worries mate, I'm here to help and annoy!

Mine is still fubarred, just bought a Forge BOV to replace it! If anyone needs any Blitz bits I could supply 'em! lol