Blitz k24 with external wastegate

hi guys, i reciently brought the above off of this forum, i havnt fitted the kit yet as i cant fund the e-manage map, injectors etc....

basically i have no idea when it come to external wastegates so i have a couple of questions:

1, there is a vacuum conection on the turbo and two on the wastegate, were do they get piped into?

pics:

Photo-0166.jpg

Photo-0165.jpg

2, which way does the allen ket need to be turned to get the max boost out of the wastegate (which i believe is 0.8bar) do u wind the screw in or out?

3, can i run the wastegate withount a bov as i hear it is supposed to sound pretty nice :) or will this damage the turbo?

comments would be much appreciated.

cheers graham

Rory

Lifer
If you havent got a boost controller, place the vacume, from the turbo to the lower nipple on the E/Gate.
Im unsure on which way the screw is supposed to go though.

Damage

Member +
Here is what you need to do ...

From the fitting on the turbo .. to the fitting on the external wastegate on the side and NOT the top one.

As for boost ... the more you screw in the top thingy with the allen key fitting the more boost you will have.

Screw out as much as possible when you first hook the turbo on if you dont want any piston failures and if you dont know what fuelling you need mate.

Running without a BOV is a STUPID idea whatever people say.

the lower nipple being the one that is closest to my hand, points out to the side, i have a blitz tsbc, i assume this pipes in between the turbo vacuum and the lower w/g nipple the same as on my ct9?

what about the othe nipple on the w/g, were would that go?

the screw seems pretty far out at the mo, so i guess that would be on a low setting if what u say (dac69er) says?

cheers dudes

Damage

Member +
Ahh didnt notice you have the Blitz DSBC.

You need to connect the pipes from the turbo and wastegate as I told you...

Than you need to get a fitting made from your intercooler piping ( a small nipple ) and connect that to your IN side on the solenoid and the OUT on your boost solenoid to the top nipple on the wastegate were you have the same allen key fitting to adjust boost.