Bllew up the engine...

tip

Member +
Hi all, so i have a EP85 with a 4Efte stock engine.
Not long ago my brother blew up the engine. Yesterday pulled off the oil pan to check the damage...., here are some pics:

Photo8338.jpg

Photo8345.jpg

Photo8343.jpg

Photo8339.jpg

Photo8341.jpg

Photo8347.jpg

tip

Member +
So now i want to go 5E with forged internals, but i'm not sure which pistons to use... because i read that 5e has a high compression ratio and i;m a little confused on how to lower the CR. want to set the car up for drag racing.

can anyone help?

AdamB

Member +
You want 4EFTE pistons as they are low compression, ones with a dish will lower compression further, then a thick headgasket.

It's all in the tune anyway, it depends what turbo and boost you want to run. I'm sure Spuddy is running around stock 8.2:1 CR and pushing 570bhp.

ramses974

Member +
So now i want to go 5E with forged internals, but i'm not sure which pistons to use... because i read that 5e has a high compression ratio and i;m a little confused on how to lower the CR. want to set the car up for drag racing.

can anyone help?

not all 5e has domed pistons ..some 5efe european has flat dome pistons and some 5efe usdm has domed version. all 5efhe i saw have domed version as the 4efe NA engine

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
You want 4EFTE pistons as they are low compression, ones with a dish will lower compression further, then a thick headgasket.

It's all in the tune anyway, it depends what turbo and boost you want to run. I'm sure Spuddy is running around stock 8.2:1 CR and pushing 570bhp.

Yup, we actually run slightly higher than stock 8.5:1 and you can feel the difference off boost.