Blow off valve opening on boost

Kev-ep91

Member +
Afternoon folks,

took the car out for a drive this morning, after around 15 minutes or so i started to hear a slight whistle while on throttle and coming onto boost it gets to 0.5 bar and its like a fuel cut almost just runs like a bag of shite, got home left it running and worked the throttle under the bonnet and the blow off valves opening with slight throttle, am i just looking at a dodgy blow off valve here? as its unbranded and how ever many years old pulled the top off it and theres still plenty spring in the spring itself, all vacuum hoses going to and from the manifold are new with no splits ect:D

cheers!

Kev-ep91

Member +
My Baileys piston valve opens when you play with the throttle too
Aye its just never done it before is whats getting me, its always stayed shut on idle till the revs are at least well up on playing with the throttle, my pals a dump valve sitting, ill try that in and see what the outcome is

Kev-ep91

Member +
So.. still the same with a new forge dump fitted (correct springs also in), could it possibly be a faulty MAP sensor? Dunno if thats what could be causing the what im feeling is a fuel cut as its slightly richer than it usually runs when boost comes on till about half a bar? best way to describe it is a fuel cut/misfire and the sounds like rolling anti lag, bit of a far fetched description but its the first noise that comes to mind, sounds ace but runs like a bag of shit lol