Blue smoke and smelly

jhandy

Member +
Right guys picked up my new car last sat everything went well. But when we got there the engine was warm. Started car no smoke went for a drive couldn't tell if there was smoke because wasn't looking behind, got it home and there was a smell of oil, but didn't take any notice, then that night I put my foot down and a massive puff of smoke came out the back and it does it on run down to, now I don't know if it's turbo sills or valve stem sills because it only seems to do it when the oil pressure is high, and I'm using a lot of oil, any ideas guys

Danza V :D

Member +
Take the intercooler piping off mate and have a butchers inside and see if theres any oil ( small film is ok though!) and if its idling and shucking out soke then id x2 one valvestem seals... whip off yor inlet and have a look at the ports :)

twaiter

Member +
If its blue when idle then that seems to be valve seals, if its white and smells oily then its most likely turbo, I have this at the mo. On boost theirs no smoke but on overrun it looks light blue.
If you rev up stationery gradually and don't use the turbo and it smokes then most likely valve seals, if it only puffs on when u use the turbo then that's what it is mate. Hope this helps

jhandy

Member +
right ihad a look tonight there is no play in the turbo, no oil in the cooler piping, but i have now put both breathers off the rocker box into a catch can it still smokes but not as much, someone said it could have lifted the valve sills, so im going to attempt to do them sometime this week