blue smoke on boost and laying off acclerator??

browntrout

Member +
another smoke question but just for a piece of mind
blue smoke on boost and when laying off acclerator, none what so ever on idle and when just driving up using no boost just engine none what so ever

thinking turbo seals
my ep82 is forged only got 17k on it

madman

Member +
Its more than likey your valve stem oil seals or the valves need reseating also what's she like after she is warm and you turn her off for a while then fire her up again any smoke??

elton

Member +
sounds like rings to me if you ask me as when you full throttle the PCV valve closes and crankcase gets pressurized a little with blowby gasses, and when the pcv valve re-opens, it sucks everything and you burn oil after releasing throttle

AdamB

Member +
Adam buddy do you hear that? It sounds like turbo seals hey?
:D

Do a compression test, if that comes back good be best to whip the downpipe off and check there for any oil and also the compressor side.
Does it do it on acceleration? Or only when boosting?

George611

Member +
Does sound like seals, get someone to start it when its been sat over night while you watch out the back if it smokes for the first 30seconds or so thats normally stem seals some oil can sit in the exhaust tho if the turbo seals are gone so will smoke also. i found when my ct9 seals went it smoked when i was on boost and coming off boost on overrun, when i started it up after a run swell used to smoke its tits off

browntrout

Member +
That's exactly what happen to me George. but iv checked and there is no smoke at all on start up or when u drive it for a while get it hot and turn off and start up 5 mins later so for me I think it tubby seals. like said jay doing a compression test on Sunday cheers