Bmw m1

johnnytsang

Fresh Recruit
it is a weapon my two mates ( who r cousins ) one got the 1M and the other got an m5! still to have a race so will post a vid seein theres none on the net... tho apparently the 1m is supposed to be faster... cant see it however

dark_knight

Member +
walls

@azerty: definitely. they are proli foam walls painted to look like concrete, and the video was likely to have been put together after the driver crashed into them a couple of times after take-1, -2, -3.... -10! :p lol

Dan3SGTE

Member +
The M5 will piss the M1 with ease! once that m5 is rolling is is FAST fast!

I personally think BMW have been lazy making this car. It uses the same engine as the 135i which M cars normally use their own unique engine and its got a measly 40BHP more WOW... When a simple map in the 135i gets you to 370BHP...

Its exactly the same chassis as the normal 1 series but has a larger body... Its not unique or original. It is simply a beefed up 1 series.

Saying all that its a perfect car, looks great/handles great and it is fast. I just have no respect for it.

M cars are supposed to be unique and special IMO and always have been... This isnt.

dark_knight

Member +
bmw fan

@Dan3SGTE: you seem like quite the bmw man from that statement. you must have quite some knowledge and experience from the sound of that.. :)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
@Dan3SGTE: you seem like quite the bmw man from that statement. you must have quite some knowledge and experience from the sound of that.. :)

ha,

Im always reading up about all sorts of cars, completely randomly.. Im not one of these people that are into 1 type of car, i love the whole world of cars.. And yeah ive got alot of experience in races/different cars and what cars are capable of in general.

I am a fan of BMW, I think they are a company that produce cars to cater for everyone. They have the customers in mind And a car to compete in most markets.

Im waiting on the new M5 to be released, 4.4V8 twin turbo, i dont think i like the idea better then the V10 but we'll see.. I think its because of emission laws etc. Bloody economy.

@azerty: definitely. they are proli foam walls painted to look like concrete, and the video was likely to have been put together after the driver crashed into them a couple of times after take-1, -2, -3.... -10! :p lol

The walls are CGI. Much like the other M1 advert where the car is doing donuts on a skyscraper roof, they didn't fly a car up there and do donuts. The whole point of CGI is to save money and do things that are unrealistic.

Sick car though!

Chris_14a

Member +
I work for bmw and You can't call it a m1 as there was the original m car which was mid engined and that was the m1. It's a 1 series mcoupe lol :). The engine that is used in this car is used in all BMW 35 engine range but it is the old style engine with 2 turbos as the new engine only has one big one. I think they didnt build this car to it's full potenial as it dose t use the new engine which is better and they could get so much more power out of it but as it only gets to 60 .1 of a second slower than then m3 which is 20k more they seemed to have said they can't which is Abit of a coincidence but im sure some1 will change that :) . They also only made 450 for the uk so they Dnt out sell the m3 aswell. The new m5 is ment to be 560bhp so that shud be rather quick lol

danb87

South East England Area Rep
i persoannly liked it, an im not a bmw fan atall. the colour of that one is what changed my mind on them lol

dark_knight

Member +
wasted

The walls are CGI. Much like the other M1 advert where the car is doing donuts on a skyscraper roof, they didn't fly a car up there and do donuts. The whole point of CGI is to save money and do things that are unrealistic.
Sick car though!

now i just feel wasted having learned that all that was CGI! tsk! :mad: