boost creep

jonno2006

Member +
my car has really bad boost creep an i dont know why, it hits fuel cut all the time in 2nd 3rd and 4th, what could be causing it, only mods are blitz exhaust an blitz air filter and a hks actuator which is wound most of the way out i set it to 128mm an ketp extending it to try and stop it, an ive still standard cat in place, what could it be??

jonno...

Beaker

Member +
Put the standard air box back with a panel filter in. You wont get any real gains from the filter anyway and the air box restricts things enough to get rid of creep

jonno2006

Member +
i dont have the standard air box, it used to be ok untill i rebuilt my turbo, its doin my head in coz i dont know whats causing it, i need to get it sorted coz im goin to ireland in it soon an i want it running right for when i go over...

jonno...

Nwimie

Member +
the creep will be caused by your exhaust and filter if you dont have the standard air box get one its the easy option!!

jonno2006

Member +
ok cheers, will i have same problem if i wanna mod it more to run more boost, what supporting mods would i need to get more power but stable boost on the ct9,if that makes sense,

jonno...

GTti

Member +
Venturi%20meter.gif

Here is the easy cure to your creep.

C

CaL

he basically saying....try to slow down the rate of air getting into your turbo

GTti

Member +
Copy the picture above. You just need to fabricate or buy a pipe similar to the above. This will create a pressure drop in your intake.

That is the easiest way to get rid of your creep and avoid hitting fuel cut, I'm pretty sure scottishcruiser or toby have used this before.

Failing that you can port the wastegate hole, some people avoid this as they feel it will aid the cracking of the exhaust housing. I'm not convinced it will make a difference.

Could do it yourself with a dremel, or send it to a company.

Last edited:

benGT

Member +
hey man,
I have the standard airbox with a K&N panel filter and full exhaust and I still get a little creep at high revs.
I shall be trying out Riko's "el cheapo" method this weekend. i.e. a very holey beer can end inside the the intake pipe.
If that dosnt work or ends up being shit, i will try fitting a plate that has been drilled with lots of 10mm holes between the decat and exhaust to restrict the airflow at that end instead.

Let us know how you get on - people are always asking about creep and it's good to have working solutions!

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
yep

DSCN1479.JPG

ghetto but effective. reduced my creap from just over 20 psi down to what i wanted, which was a bar. no real effect on spool up time, but cut out almost all the spooling noise, which was a shame.

Nwimie

Member +
Gtti FTW :) thats the best idea ive heard never thought of doing that DOH:homer: but ive not got creep :p