boost falls off at high revs

dark_knight

Member +
have seen this on two mates' cars.. the car boosts fine to the preset level -- no creep. the pick is good. a nice strong pull, but.. after about 6.5k revs, boost starts to taper off. possible causes..? one is a glanza v lazymatic (autobox) and the other is a mini cooper -- the new boy in town over here.. :)

dark_knight

Member +
yes. it's the stock ct9 with the stock actuator.. although coming to think of it, i also had the same occurrence on my td04 setup (internally gated). it was just once though and i'd hit the rev limiter then. hmmm..

triple j

Member +
i would say if u changed actuator to a stronger one it could sort that little problem out for u. my gt hits the limiter at around 7400 so the safc says, so u would be loosing boost over the last 900rpm

dark_knight

Member +
i noticed it on mine just because my 3rd boost light went out, otherwise i didn't have time to look at my gauge.. :p

omikron

Member +
planning to do a td04 conversion soon with a 5e n/a exh mani (why the 5e mani looks like a better flower than the turbo one is strange to me ) ill look to see if it happens as well

dark_knight

Member +
the stock -fte exhaust mani is restricted because toyota was trying to cram as much engine into an already small car.. :)

ryandlang

Member +
read the title as boot :/ haha

ive ported my cast oem manifold and it pulls hard to redline on a hybrid with hks actuator