Boost Gauge

Carisma

Fresh Recruit
thinking of getting a boost gauge, only thing is which one? bar or psi? dont really understand the difference? cheers.

Matchew

Member +
whats your budget?
Mechanical ones are cheaper put a thread in the wanted section someones bound to have one you can get autogauge for £25 which are ok but you can pay £130 for defi's, id go for bar if your running stock boost you'll be looking around 0.5-0.6 bar

Carisma

Fresh Recruit
Well i seen some prosport ones on ebay which i quite liek for about £30, they look kool and just wanted to see what boost i was running, whats the difference between psi and boost??

:)

turbojim

Lifer
you mean psi and bar man and there is 13 psi in 1 bar iirc :) someone else will point it out if im wrong though :haha::haha:

Matchew

Member +
you mean psi and bar man and there is 13 psi in 1 bar iirc :) someone else will point it out if im wrong though :haha::haha:

lol i havent gotta clue when it comes to psi, £30 is alright mateit'll do the job but wont be out special.

Check if the actuator on the turbo is stock if it is then you'll be running stock boost

1 bar =14.5038psi, depends how you want to interpret the reading, prefarably i go for bar unit as much more used in tuning etc. Also mechanical ones are vry gd especially if you go something like Greddy, HKS, Blitz etc. If you want electronic ones just go for DEFI. Also invest in something reliable and nt a cheap one as may give you mis readings in long term and boost pressure is a very important feature to monitor in a turbo equipped car!

Last edited:

Matchew

Member +
sorry to sound abit of noob but whats diff between mechanical and electronic ones? lol

A mechanical one just runs off a reading when you tap into vacuum hose on one of your boost pipes, i had a blitz mechanical and was spot on and only cost me £30 off a member on here, thats what i would do.

An electrical one like defi uses a sensor aswell to pick a reading and use a control unit to pick up the signal for a very precise reading more paramount for oil pressure/temp more so than boost

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I got my STACK gauge from Merlin Motorsport for around £40. Looks good and brand name that you can trust. I only have one tiny gripe with it, the light is a tad bright.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Their dash systems are put in the Koenigsegg, so they obviously have proved themselves.

seems like a vry serious company, as products looks gr8 and also they supply various manufacturers and teams around the world!