boost guage

crazygt

Member +
yo men,would anyone no what is the right way to connect up the boost guage like mine is connect up to my idle control valve lol for the a/c bbut i no that isnt right could any one please help me pics would be mos helpful

After-Glanza

Member +
In between the vacuum hose coming off the dump valve and the inlet manifold. You just put a T piece in and run the other end to the back of the boost gauge.

Hey sorry to hi-jack thread but is kinda related.

Is there a right and wrong way to connect power to a gauge for the backlight?

For example, my old gauge had a couple of wires linked up, but were not labelled. Being the fool I am I took off the gauge then put the other one in, but thought "hang on, if I get the wires the wrong way round would I blow the bulb in my new gauge?"

So does it matter about the polarity of the wires when connecting up?

lingl9z

Member +
Hey sorry to hi-jack thread but is kinda related.

Is there a right and wrong way to connect power to a gauge for the backlight?

For example, my old gauge had a couple of wires linked up, but were not labelled. Being the fool I am I took off the gauge then put the other one in, but thought "hang on, if I get the wires the wrong way round would I blow the bulb in my new gauge?"

So does it matter about the polarity of the wires when connecting up?

I think i put mine the wrong way and it blew ^_^ so i guess it does matter

Ah crap, that sucks then.

How the fook am I gonna figure out which way round it goes. I could put a multimeter on the wires from the car, but not sure how to check which wires on the actual gauge

lingl9z

Member +
Ah crap, that sucks then.

How the fook am I gonna figure out which way round it goes. I could put a multimeter on the wires from the car, but not sure how to check which wires on the actual gauge

what colour are the wires? although some lights dont matter tbh and can have power put through both ways...

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
depends on the gauge, on mine the light wiring is red / black / orange where red is the switched feed, black is earth and orange is dimmer when the sidelights are switched on.