boost problem, please help

kungfu panda

Member +
hi people,

i need some help on this is really weird.

well here goes was on motorway and put the foot and had no boost. i had a look and traced fault to the clamp had been loose and the pipe had popped off. tightened all that up now an took it for a run. now the fault is it wont boost past 0.6bar, it will start misfiring and backfire (it feels like fuel cut). but anything upto 0.6bar its boosting ok. also when idling it sometimes misfires and the revs are low more than normal.

any ideas on what the fault could be ??

here is a list of the spec.
standard engine
ct9
roadrunner exhuast manifold
decat
blitz exhaust
blitz air filter
hdi front mount
trd lead
jam ecu
hi/low bypassed

any help would be greatly appreciated

After-Glanza

Member +
Sounds ignition related so i would check those parts. ie check the condition of your spark plugs, make sure all your leads are on correctly etc.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
hi people,

i need some help on this is really weird.

well here goes was on motorway and put the foot and had no boost. i had a look and traced fault to the clamp had been loose and the pipe had popped off. tightened all that up now an took it for a run. now the fault is it wont boost past 0.6bar, it will start misfiring and backfire (it feels like fuel cut). but anything upto 0.6bar its boosting ok. also when idling it sometimes misfires and the revs are low more than normal.

any ideas on what the fault could be ??

here is a list of the spec.
standard engine
ct9
roadrunner exhuast manifold
decat
blitz exhaust
blitz air filter
hdi front mount
trd lead
jam ecu
hi/low bypassed

any help would be greatly appreciated

Strangly enough, im having exactly the same issue! Im beginning to think the reports of shite fuel is true ...

kungfu panda

Member +
i was thinking along those line. i will have a check tomorrow

also i had done the belts, and was thinking the timing maybe out. but i done those belt roughly 9months ago

Iain@CRD

Lifer
My RPM has dropped to 600rpm and everytime i try and boost the car is missfiring and hesitating. Car is also sounding like a Subaru.

kungfu panda

Member +
yeah mines is low on idle and i sometimes give the odd pop and misfire but when i boost its all ok til it hits 0.6bar then its mad, it will misfire a couple of times then a loud pop from exhaust then a cloud of black smoke then i back off

kungfu panda

Member +
well i had a look at the plugs and its brown colour. also had a check at the leads they seem all ok and secure no visible damage

any ideas on fault ??

TRD DAN

Fresh Recruit
just as a starting point bud just put a new set of plugs in , its probably the cheapest place to start and will eliminate plugs out of the equation

kungfu panda

Member +
well people my problem has been solved, yipee !!

went to the car this morning to go to work, and it was turning over, i thought you have got to be kidding me out of any time it brakes down now. in the wind and snow, great !

anyway had a look in the engine and noticed some black marks on the i/c pipe to manifold took, so i took the air filter off and took the king lead, well you should see the state of the lead. it had burnt right through and only 2 strand of wire holding it together.

changed all the leads and it started 1st time and its boosting all the way up to 0.8bar and the revs are back to norml no more low revs

i hope this will other people in the future

many thanks for all your help

rep has been added to you all