Boost problem ????

Nick_P

Member +
Hi guys

Right have just fitted my new HKS actuator but seem to be having a few probs with the car now. sad.gif

When i boot it, there is absolutly no power at all untill about 4000, 4500rpm the car feels really flat, .... then after that it starts to boost to about .8bar which is ok
but it kind of pauses at .5bar for a second then boosts onto .8bar wink.gif if that makes anysens

any ideas what could be causing this???

When i fitted the actuator i wasnt sure what to do with the hose going to the solenoid, do you just blank it off??

any help or advise is much appreciated

cheers

Nick

dantheman

Member +
when you fitted the actuator did you make sure that you shortened the rod until the wastegate flap was fully closed? if theres alot of slack in the rod then the wastegate isnt closed which would make it very laggy and not boost properly

Nick_P

Member +
yeah at first i thought this was the prob, but after adjusting it a few times it is still the same.

might try adjusting it again and see what happens.

also where is the little brass restrictor supposed to go, is it in the pipe from the actuator to the turbo???

sammy

Member +
The brass restrictor goes in the pipe just before it attaches to the actuator. The is a fitting guide in the resolved tech section did you look at that.

Nick_P

Member +
Thats ok then i have the brass restrictor in the right place:),

did read the tutorial, but didnt find it that usefull.

as i still need to know what to do with the hi/lo solenoid hose that went to the original actuator???

sammy

Member +
You connect your new hose that came with the actuator to that pipe (closest to driver side wing) then run down to your T pecie then another bit of you hose with your brass restrictor in it conneted to actuator. Then attach the pipe off your turbo to the T peice and that should be you.

Nick_P

Member +
You connect your new hose that came with the actuator to that pipe (closest to driver side wing) then run down to your T pecie then another bit of you hose with your brass restrictor in it conneted to actuator. Then attach the pipe off your turbo to the T peice and that should be you.

Ok dude i see what you is saying, but am not too bothered about the hi/lo boost

so i take it i just have one bit of hose from the turbo housing going to the actuator, is that correct???