Boost Problem

stuart

Member +
Hi guys

Car was fine yesterday but today I have no boost. Well I do, just not enough.

It starts, it idles fine, but as soon as I put any load on, boost will goto 0.0bar then I get a whining noise, can hear the turbo spinning as when come off load you hear the chatter noise.

I though ok leak somewhere, checked all my piping its fine, removed DV and its still the same.

Could my actuator be shagged? I've not changed anything on the car for awhile now and it was boosting fine yesterday afternoon.

I get zero boost, checked the hot pipe from turbo to fmic and this is fine too. Although when I rev the car the actuator arm doesn't move at all. Same as when I remove the pipes off the actuator I still can't get over 0.0 bar of boost.

Help :(

:kiss:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
if the actuator arm isn't moving at all and there is no boost at all, sounds like the wastegate is stuck wide open?? happened to me b4...

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the whirring sound is showing the culprit buddy, check if you have a split silicone joiner somewhere ;)

kon

stuart

Member +
Well. I stripped off mani, turbo, intercooler piping put it all back together. Had boost for a short amount of time, all be it around 30 seconds, then my turbo collapsed!

CT9's don't like 1 bar I guess. Oh well that CT9 done me proud for 2 years!

Need one asap, put a post up in wanted section.