boost,rev,power problem?!

neilelliot_1

Member +
arite people, jus got my glanza a couple months back and has been running sweet until now.a few weeks ago i done the hi-low boost restriction with th hoses.week after running on that was good,until one night was fairly maulin on and the engine management light came on and wasnt reving the same.stopped and had a bit look under bonnet and seemed ok,then put the low restriction back on.seems okay but never what it used to be. pretty dead 1st and 2nd then in high boost 3rd/4th/5th it doesnt seem to want to rev very high,the boost lights on the speedo go up at once and jus doesnt pull like it should!? any ideas? its a pretty standard glanza, air filter, baileys dump valve, exhaust system.. any help would be very appreciaited!!! neil.

bucketep91

Member +
sounds like ur hitting fuel cut m8. does it have any other breathing mods? decat,exhaust, filter etc?

also u got a boost guage?

edit just re read ur post lol heads up my arse today lol

neilelliot_1

Member +
sounds like ur hitting fuel cut m8. does it have any other breathing mods? decat,exhaust, filter etc?

also u got a boost guage?

edit just re read ur post lol heads up my arse today lol

a didnt think it would hit fuel cut with just bein fairly standard?shows what i know.ha.nah not got boost gauge yet mate wil have to get one.

neilelliot_1

Member +
just spoke to mechanic at my work and he reckons it cant be fuel cut? he thinks it was hitting fuel cut the car would feel like it was making a sudden stop when spooling up? but its actually just not going as much as it should overall?

neilelliot_1

Member +
really doesnt wanna go over 6000 revs now,fitting a boost gauge on sat to see what the boosts doin,just need to hunt out some vacuum pipe.

u need to adjust the fuel pressure just by adding a fcd??? whats the standard pressure? i have a couple of mods. so wht pressure would u need to set to if u had manifold, decat, n filter relocation, fcd n say boost set to 10 psi?

yeh deffo doesnt sound like boost cut as mine was running 1bar with FCD n was creeping jus above n i used to get fuel cut n with that yes the engine management light did come on and didnt go off until i turned the ignition off, but it i didnt feel any restrictions on the car until i hit the fuel cut then the car did restrict performance like any car wen the engine managment light comes on will do. Felt a lil bit like being on low boost but a v tiny amount slower & at the point of cut more or less all acceleration you had stops so it feels like you have started to brake.... bt it didnt feel sluggish until after i had hit fuel cut. im a n00b if im honest interms of mechanic's bt only thing i cn think of is mabe ur ecu has not properly reset n u cud stil b getting restricted performance bt with that i wud imagine ur engine management light would still b on bt like i said just a thought n probs nt a v accurate one to what the problem actually is but thort id atleast put something out there.