Boosting issue.

clys

Member +
Hello,

As stated in my MBC thread, I can't seem to achieve more than about 13 psi boost in my GT, with a properly installed MBC. Cranked way up or all the way down makes no difference, even when disconnecting the wastegate entirely, no noticeable change in boost. I'm positive I don't have any leaks, and am leaning towards cracked wastegate port. Is there anything else I should possibly look into before splurging on a hybrid CT9?

As always, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Clyson

clys

Member +
Any ideas anyone? Could it be that the 4E simply can't flow enough to spool to 1 bar in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear??

Spoonz

Member +
Any ideas anyone? Could it be that the 4E simply can't flow enough to spool to 1 bar in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear??

errr no if u took the wastegate pipe of it would boost 30psi+++
so i would sugest a hudge crack in the wastegate take the downpipe of and check easiest option

clys

Member +
errr no if u took the wastegate pipe of it would boost 30psi+++
so i would sugest a hudge crack in the wastegate take the downpipe of and check easiest option

Exactly, I thought that was a sure-fire way to determine...

I'll pop the downpipe off and take a look.

Glanza D

Member +
what actuator you using ? i have emb and ebc plumbed in but still cant get over 13psi as stock actuator is just "flopping" open as spring cant hold

clys

Member +
what actuator you using ? i have emb and ebc plumbed in but still cant get over 13psi as stock actuator is just "flopping" open as spring cant hold

I'm still running the stock actuator. The boost will hit 14-15psi in 4th gear loaded down, but only 10-11 in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. I'm yanking the downpipe right away to check for cracks, and if there is none, an uprated actuator is on the way. HKS are the best for these, correct?

Spoonz

Member +
I'm still running the stock actuator. The boost will hit 14-15psi in 4th gear loaded down, but only 10-11 in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. I'm yanking the downpipe right away to check for cracks, and if there is none, an uprated actuator is on the way. HKS are the best for these, correct?

yes hks theres a pin type for sale in the for sale section only just came up ;)

clys

Member +
it will suit better for adjusting the boost safe as well what setup you running?

AB88 FMIC, Blitz Access, Zisco 29mm Mani, SARD FPR, custom front mounted filter, 2.5" turboback straightpipe.

Also, turbosmart boost tee, but it's useless right now.