boot rattle

briggers

Member +
its really starting to annoy me now. had the ep since august and just feels like the ep82 is not made as strong as ep91. the boot lid constantly rattles as i have quite stiff suspension and is there anything i can do (is it just in need of a good tightening lol?)

C

CaL

lol il show you how to stop it rattling,il go get pics for you guys now....btw its your parcel shelf not your boot haha

C

CaL

mmmm well its a common fault that gts have rattling parcel shelves.when paul and sham came down here they never had them....hence why their cars were quieter than mine....i fixe mine from rattling by doing this.....when i first got it,it was real bad and my speakers wernt even held in secure...

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

gv1.3

Admin
wasnt there a thread on the old site about this. The catch that the lock connects into gets worn and needs to be bent slightly as it is the actual bootlid thats vibrating. or did I dream that up from somewhere...

NUM NUTZ

Member +
my glanza rattles aswell. definately bootlid because i drove it with my boot open and there was zero rattling!!!

GT_Neil

Member +
bootlid rattles on mine too, and so did the parcel shelf on my glanza.

untill i made somthing to bulk out the rubber which stopped the rattle, or you can do it cals way.

no idea what actually causes it though, i just turn the music up lol.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Mine rattles very bad also, its def the bootlid though, u can see the boot lid move when you go over a bump

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah its defo the parcel shelf where it attaches to the boot, its annoying but you get used to it lol.

ive got all sorts of funny noises from my car neway

dump valve,

rattling release bearings

squeeky bits

noisy fuel pump :D