Boot/ Spare Tyre

novaluke

Fresh Recruit
Hi can any one tell me how the spare wheel bolts down. Recently i went to Toyota and they gave me these but didn't figure out how to do it. Do i have the black one extra? And what thing stick to the card board? Or is in it this off a glanza? Thanks

IMAG0677.jpg

IMAG0678.jpg

Mikey4410

Member +
I had this recently,if you have a thin yellow space saver you need a different screw type wingnut thats in the picture.you can do that one up all the way and it wont securely hold the tyre down.basically if thiisis the case you need the wingnut screw which has the wingnut part around 2cms down from the top which is jap spec i suspect and has a thread going out the top for the black part pictured which then holds down the cardboard

Nippon

Member +
The clips on the hardboard cover are for tools that came with the car.
The spare wheel goes into the well in the boot.
The long wing nut style bolt threads throught the metal disk which holds the spare wheel in place. The wing nut bolt then screws into the bottom of the wheel well.
If the bolt is too long to hold the wheel in place then the black disk can be used as a spacer between the wings of the bolt and the metal disk.

MD

novaluke

Fresh Recruit
Do you have an actual photo how the card board has to be and tyre cause i new to toyota and i don't have a clue thanks