bov and external wastegate

bower

Fresh Recruit
is it safer to run a bov with a wastegate on the car because when i bought the car it didnt have one now i put one on i cannot here the wastegate so will it be okay if i take it off?? thanks

Some people say its bad for the turbo not to run a bov but to be honest there is no proof of it. Ive never run a bov at all and im still using the same turbo for nearly 2 years, only difference will be is you will get turbo chatter rather than the hiss from the bov.

I prefer not to run a bov to be honest.

GT_Irl

Member +
Some people say its bad for the turbo not to run a bov but to be honest there is no proof of it.

x2. Ran my GT without a bov for about 5 months and it did it no harm. I recently fitted a blitz replica bov just for a change but also becasue I think I prefer the sound then chatter...its a tough call though!

Personal preferencre really. Do you prefer that chatter sound or the bov sound?! Good luck. Its a toughie too decide:p

bower

Fresh Recruit
i definately prefer the chatter sounds much better imo but when i put the bov on i thought it would still chatter but unfortunately not lol think a will take it off today thanks for the help guys:)

thefalls

Member +
Chatter decreases a bit when i put my hks ssqv on .But i get both, chatter and blow off.Sounds awesome!