bov

Texx

Super Moderator
An SSQV is a BOV made by HKS:

HKS Super SQV (Super Sequential Blow Off Valve) uses a unique sequential valve structure and a differential pressure control system, which allows for a broad operation range from low boost to high boost.

wesgt

Lifer
a bov or blow off valve is just another name for a dump valve! I rem i had my glanza parked outside the house one day, i was upstairs and i heard the lad that lived mext door talking to his friends. They were talking about the car, one said oh its turbo cos it has a dump valve, the other said whats that, the first fella says oh thats the thing that sucks in the air and makes noise lol :D

EvilKnievel

Member +
a bov or blow off valve is just another name for a dump valve! I rem i had my glanza parked outside the house one day, i was upstairs and i heard the lad that lived mext door talking to his friends. They were talking about the car, one said oh its turbo cos it has a dump valve, the other said whats that, the first fella says oh thats the thing that sucks in the air and makes noise lol :D

Sounds like a guy who was telling me all about his T66 turbo charged 1600 EP82 :p

Texx

Super Moderator
a bov recirculates into the intake.

I believe your thinking of an air bypass valve such as the stock valve which recirculates air back into the intake. As said, a blow off valve or dump valve tends to release air out to atmosphere, although some can be adapted to work as an air bypass valve.