Brad_L/ep Brad - Poor seller

Right as you know I bought my 85 off him.

What I was told about the cars condition:
"here's the pictures there are 55 in total, you can see the pictures of the damage to the boot and bonnet caused by the courier

Also the bit of rust to the passenger door nothing bad it didnt worry me as i was going to get a set of door off a gt, The most important bit is that the shell is in perfect condition which is more important to me."

Also the car had an mot with no advisories.

Although the first time I had a look at it, I found a nicely rusted area and proceeded to put a hole through it by tapping it:
DSCF0704.jpg

Once I had half cleaned it up:
DSCF0721.jpg

Also the car was meant to come with the standard wings, it didn't and he never sent them either even though it was something I requested.

Although to be fair, Brad did say he would compensate me for it, although that was 2 months ago so I doubt that will be ever arriving. Also no communication from him at all anymore,

So I guess again I have learned even if people are a member of an owners club, you still have to be careful as they can still be economical with the truth.

I will post details of the garage who did the mot as well as if they missed that completely, by accident, I would be very worried as as far as I know that would be a fail, although if I am wrong please feel free to state.

I hate posting threads like these, but I believe people should get sales feedback that is truthful whether it's good or bad unfortunately.

Brad_L

Member +
copied from uksc

I never knew the rust was that bad.

Its like me asking geo for money back because when i got the car. You will no longer be getting any money from me as i dont know why i should. Its a 20year old car and you wouldnt have seen all the holes unless you stripped the sill back.

ive been a good seller and have had alot of happy people.

The place where it was mot'ed was

Kilkhampton mot station
The old gar
Bude
ex23 9sj

Just to save you the bother in posting it up.

How you said there was no rust on that car isn't truthful no matter how you say it, and you could clearly see the discolouration of the area hence why I tapped it to see how bad it was:
" The car is mint underneat for a 20year old car and only failed mot on fuel line's were leaking and wrong fog light switch and wiper blades, Apart from that the mot bloke was very impress, The only downside is a dent in the passenger door and dent in the boot and bonnet, "

I didn't expect anything back from you to be honest,. I'm just disappointed in the fact I thought you was a more trust worthy person and when you said it was a mint car for 20 years old I believed you.

Although apparently that isn't an mot fail according to another forum member so I can admit I was wrong on that count.

Brad_L

Member +
but its like me taking a grinder to my sill to see if they have rust holes?

Like i said i never knew the car was like that otherwise i would of said something.

At the end of the day there's nothing i can do now im sorry its come to this.

scot-ish

Member +
i dont really wanna jump in here, and im not an MOT tester.

but in my opinion, on the sill, the tester should try to poke that there, ive had them do the exact same thing on a nova, and was told it needed the sill welded before the resit, and tit was more or less like the pics above.

steveep82

Member +
i dont really wanna jump in here, and im not an MOT tester.

but in my opinion, on the sill, the tester should try to poke that there, ive had them do the exact same thing on a nova, and was told it needed the sill welded before the resit, and tit was more or less like the pics above.

If I remember rightly if the corrosion is within 30cm of a major structural area (chassis mounting points, seatbelt mounting points, etc) then it should be a fail, obviously this is at the MOT testers discretion. Ep85s seem to rust in that area.

I never saw it before it arrived bud, I believed his description of it having no rust!

To be honest I should have never bought it without seeing it but due to living the oppersite side of the country that wasn't practical.

richglanzav

Member +
hmmm sorry but maybe it aint a fail if its not actually on any structual parts of the chassis but id be very wary of that garage if they didnt even give it as an advisory. surely they should at least mention it