brakes problems

dazza ep91

Member +
i just got 20groved disc anp yellow stuff pads for my 96 glanza ive just tryed to fit them and theres a problem the old disc have apart were the wheels relocates onto and you have to take the nut off the drive sharft it seems what size is that nut can any one help because i will have to go and buy thats siza in the deep socket.

also im having breaking issues i got the new brakes coz my breaking was crap i have standerd disc and green stuff pads with braided hoses but when i break its not that good any one got any sugestions why this could be?

Rory

Lifer
The nut does not have to come off the driveshaft.
The disc is held on with 2 screws, with a phillips head on them.
If they are out, it will need a quick chap to get them off.

How do you mean not good?
Braking performance, braking feel?
Need to be more specific.

dac69er

Super Moderator
you dont have to remove the nut mate. just hit the disc with a soft hammer and it will seperate from the hub.

the brakes could be crap for a few reasons. once you have fitted the new discs and pads make sure the sliders in the caliper move freely. also if the dust seal on the caliper is torn or damaged dirt could have gotten in, corroded the brake piston a bit and caused it not to work as efficiently (unlikely though).

normal problem is th sliders though mate. may just need a good whack with a hammer to free them up. if not strip and clean them, then re-assemble and re-grease.

after all that bleed the brakes to make sure they have been done correctly and there is no air in the system.

if the front caliper pins are stuck up chances are the rears will be twice as bad so may be worth doing those too if you have the time.

hope that helps mate. stock brakes should be good when working correctly

dazza ep91

Member +
it just looks like the disc have the spigot part on them (runs down with a big hammer)

the proformance of the breaks (posabilty of break fade) and i thought it was down to low pads but when i looked at my pads they were fine.

what i might do is drain all the fulid and start fresh you ment to replace it every few years any way and lets see if that makes a difrance.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yeah I was just going to say HIT IT! :haha:

Good lad, concentrating on the correct parts as well anchors are bloody important keep it up :)

T

dac69er

Super Moderator
Yeah I was just going to say HIT IT! :haha:

Good lad, concentrating on the correct parts as well anchors are bloody important keep it up :)

T

no point going faster if you cant stop faster. its amazing how many people concentrate on horse power but neglect the handling and braking side of things