Brakes yes im a retard

S00049643

Fresh Recruit
i was driving home last night, brakes had been rubbing for 2-3 days, put my foot on the brake and the pedal was completely soft and sank to the floor, i touched the brakes again and they were working, there is still a rubbing noise, but its alot deeper when stopping completely and when i go to pull off its really bad? does anyone know what this is from or is it just a case of pads replacing?

SupaStu

Member +
the barkes are still working though? is it possible for a pad to fall out? and if so what does that mean?

It means you brake with the caliper, pretty sore on the discs that is.

Just get the pads changed asap, as Aga said, it sounds like a stuck caliper, the more you drive it the more damage is done to the caliper, they cost a lot so get it checked out.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I would take the calliper off and check if the piston has seized. If not then bleed your system out. Obviously check if your pads are ok and your discs while your there. Check for leaks etc.

To me it sounds like your piston seized. Its not uncommon on old cars.

Jayd.m

Member +
first of all have you checked your break fluid ??? if your fluid is still full then you wont need to check 4 leaks, take off the oil caliper & leav it submerged in oil for a day or 2 & that should unseize it, if that dosent work & id say it will..... rebuild kit