Brakes.....

GTdan

In The Closet
right, ive got my mot in a few weeks and it needs the pads replacing all round.

ive already got some standard rear pads to put on, but undecided what to do up front.

The discs have no lip on them, so not changing the disc, im also doing the track day in march sooo...

do i put some cheapo standard pads on the fronts till few weeks before and put some yellow stuff pads on.

Or

Put yellow stuff pads on now, my only concern about this is wearing, as dont want to have them wearing out on me round the track.

Kelly

Member +
I deffo recommend the yellow stuff pads! im guna be using them for the trackday in March but im not fitting them until a week or so before hand!

They didnt wear as bad as i thought they would when we had them on the K24 GT but then again we didnt exactly use the car everyday! hence the pads and semi slicks :p but i think plenty of ppl run them so they cant be that bad? just the trackday is 4 months away so its up to you! wait closer to time and buy them if u wanna be safe?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
if your discs are decent condition then just get the decent pads, if the discs arent all that then i would put some pony pads in till you change the discs, as the pads would need to be replaced afterwards neway

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Sorry to hijack this thread...

my handbreak is propper sh!yt so i want to replace the rear pad's as the disk'd are ok...

Where can i get these yellow pad's from????
And will they help???

I cant park on a hill with out leaving it in gear...

Gtstu

Member +
no mate not really get the car on stands and just remove the cable from the calipers then unbolt the brackets making sure they dont snap then reverse to re-fit. but first i recomend tighening the 10mm nut on the hand brake. its on the right hand side of the plastic surround move the little flap and you will see it.

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
the red pads are shit had them on my old glanza and need a fair bit off warmin up befor they then to work...