breather smoke !!!

EH@B

Member +
hii guyz

yesterday my rockercover breather was pushing smoke without oil ?!!!!
wht could be
i will do compression test today

59bhp

Member +
could either be your valve stem seals or piston ring mate

do the compression test, if there is low values on one of the cylinders squirt some oil down the and try the test again, if the compresion results raises then its probably your piston rings

EH@B

Member +
compressio test done :(

the third cyl. is very low
and there is oil in the spark plug

no.1

30623340062_medium.jpg

no.2

100_2118.jpg

no.3

spark.jpg

100_2117.jpg

no.4

100_2113.jpg

Last edited:

TurboDave

Member +
warm for sure

thats bad news :(
so i will get new rings :( and port the head :( then send the car to F**King indian guyz

Its not new rings you need its a new piston because it will be cracked.

Dont drive it like it is otherwise you run the risk of damaging the block and you may need a re-bore or new block.

TurboDave

Member +
:(

ooh my god :(
so now rings + pistons :(

Unfortunatley mate, you would probably get away with 1 piston and just new rings on it, de-glaze the bore and then run the ring in.

Whilst its open though 4 new pistons would be better for piece of mind.

EH@B

Member +
can i make sure of the resson of that ??
is it high boost ??
or
old internals ??
or
running lean ??

MentaLEP91

Member +
hmm cracking a piston ringland comes for various reasons.

mostly its old (bad-treated usually too) internals that go off with high boost and/or running lean.

TurboDave

Member +
Probably a combination of all 3 mate.

Running lean will cause too much heat in the cylinders which can cause the ringlands to crack, detonation also comes with running too lean and too much boost will make it run lean and cause lots of extra heat in the cylinders.

But from my experience and from cracking more pistons than you can count on all your fingers it is primarily down to, too much boost.

alfradio

Member +
Happened to me last year...

Same symptoms, different piston... and a few miles away from where I live is
an appropriately named road...

BrknLandPkway.jpg

Sorry mate!

alf :(

EH@B

Member +
Probably a combination of all 3 mate.

Running lean will cause too much heat in the cylinders which can cause the ringlands to crack, detonation also comes with running too lean and too much boost will make it run lean and cause lots of extra heat in the cylinders.

But from my experience and from cracking more pistons than you can count on all your fingers it is primarily down to, too much boost.

i think im running lean
+ high boost

HOw much boost you been running?

1.2 bar but may plan to set it at 1 bar ... maybe forgot and liked the power

Same symptoms, different piston... and a few miles away from where I live is
an appropriately named road...

BrknLandPkway.jpg

Sorry mate!

alf :(

no worries mate
just ordered now piston + rings
they r cheap
but wht will kill me tha labour charge :(

i feel very sad because just yesterday cleaned my engine bay and did agood wash :(
so they will F**K everything i done :( :( :(
100_2008.jpg

Last edited:

speedfreaq

Member +
i can't beleive this..... same thing happend to me !!!!

washed my engine bay and all thursday and on my way to the dyno friday piston broke :(

nexia201

Member +
you just cant expect the pistons to last for ever :) if they have do 16 -20 years work they are prone to give up at one stage and thats probably when you up a bit the boost but running lean would help too altough in your case i would think its the boost eh@b that killed the piston + probably had run on high boost on the standard manifold (maybe not by you but by previous owner) thats what is known to kill the 3rd piston