Bridging TE1 and E1

Muddy_fox

Member +
Dear mates,

Based on the guide I read in this site, the check engine will flash if you bridge the TE1 and E1. Does it change also the sound of the engine? Is there a rev change?

I tried to bridge my TE1 and E1 but nothing happen, no change in engine rev. I don't have a check engine light in my panel so I can't verify if it works.

Thanks

kieran.s gt

Member +
Dear mates,

Based on the guide I read in this site, the check engine will flash if you bridge the TE1 and E1. Does it change also the sound of the engine? Is there a rev change?

I tried to bridge my TE1 and E1 but nothing happen, no change in engine rev. I don't have a check engine light in my panel so I can't verify if it works.

Thanks

when you bridge them the engine light should flash and idle should drop to 750 rpm

Muddy_fox

Member +
hmmm.... when I bridge TE1 & E1 nothing happens, so it means it's not working anymore? Is there another way to put the engine in diagnostic mode?

Thanks

VQ'ed

Member +
then how you figure which code you have???
Flashing check engine light??

is it like morse? long flash gives the first number then short flashes indicates the secong digit in the code??

Muddy_fox

Member +
I don't have engine check, i can't see the flashing. Is it possible to pinpoint the terminal of TE1 and E1 on the ECU?