Broken Gear box

basketash

Member +
my gear box has started making noises i definatley know its gearbox related its like a quite grinding/ticking noise and only when the revs are being put on.
I need help to find out who to speak to about getting the parts to recondition the box.
I have a 1996 glanza lsd box anyhelp would be most useful.

GTdan

In The Closet
you can get parts from toyota/traders on here, but youll need to find out what parts need replacing.

Going to have to speak to your mechanic mate as he will need to open the box to find out what parts are broken and then as Dan said order them from Toyota or Traders on here whoever is cheaper.
Christy

GTdan

In The Closet
well youll need to find out what parts you need - as theres alot of parts that are expensive and you wont need.

Nick @ tuning develpments is just rebuilding his gear box at moment so he could help you out, and also dave/darren burwash (tm developments) should be able to help.

basketash

Member +
well youll need to find out what parts you need - as theres alot of parts that are expensive and you wont need.

Nick @ tuning develpments is just rebuilding his gear box at moment so he could help you out, and also dave/darren burwash (tm developments) should be able to help.

thank you very much

basketash

Member +
it appears to be the main shaft bearing thats what the mechanic has said through doing some tests he also recon i could get alot of time yet as its only just showing signs .