Broken PVC Valve (Can I still drive?)

Mart

Member +
Hey Guys, Im after breaking off my PVC valve last nite changing over an inlet manifold! :(
Can I still drive my car with this broken? :confused:

I have ordered a new one along with the grommet from Toyota but it won't be here till Tue morning, Is it an easy job to fit? :)
Thanks.
Mart...

dac69er

Super Moderator
just block the pipe on the inlet and remove the broken pcv valve completely from the cam cover. it may make a bit of an oily mess around it if you go boosting around loads but it will be fine.

Mart

Member +
The pipe is just hanging loose off the inlet manifold now but the car seems to be running fine. So I just block that pipe and I should be ok? :)

I have a catch can aswell but its only tied into the breather position on the rocker cover.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Yo Dude, I have a bran new one here if you need it. as long as i get a replacement for it eventually you can have it if it get's you out of a hole. it'll save you waiting for one.

dac69er

Super Moderator
The pipe is just hanging loose off the inlet manifold now but the car seems to be running fine. So I just block that pipe and I should be ok? :)

I have a catch can aswell but its only tied into the breather position on the rocker cover.

it should run like a bitch with that pipe hanging off the inlet. the idle should be up and down and it may stall. maybe the pipe is already blcoked by something?

Mart

Member +
Ya its boosting fine with no problems to Idle etc... It might have the snapped off part still stuck in the pipe. I'll check it out when I get home and make sure its blocked up for the mean time.

Thanks for all the help Dac69er, Rep added.... :)

Mart

Member +
Thanks Aidan,
Ok Best thing to do for me so is. Block off the black pipe coming from the inlet and leave the broken grommet in the rocker cover for the mean time till I get a the one.

Might be able to get this sorted tmrw thanks to Franky... :)

Thanks Aidan,
Ok Best thing to do for me so is. Block off the black pipe coming from the inlet and leave the broken grommet in the rocker cover for the mean time till I get a the one.

Might be able to get this sorted tmrw thanks to Franky... :)

As long as you are sure that no particles of the broken grommet will fall in:confused:

Mart

Member +
Right I was driving the car now again tonite but it seems fine, No problems ideling and no changes in the revs. The pipe is hanging loose and the half broken PVC valve is still on the rocker cover...

Pure strange. :confused: I think I'll just leave it the way it is as Im going to try and meet up with Franky tmrw to get this sorted.