Brought relocation kit but my HKS airfilter will not fit 2 big 4 the gap what to do!

Taylor

Member +
Brought the proppper kit from tm developments nice kit but my hks mushroom filter wont fit in between the grill and radiator its just to big what do you think i should do just get a smaller aifilter any sugestions of ones tht will fit there nicely thanks

churcherj

Member +
sorry to slightly hijack the thread! but if youve got a relocation kit on the car, could you just buy replacement filters or would you need to buy a whole new kit, as currently ive got a hks mushroom, and wana swap to apexi power intake?

heres the link to the relocation kit mate, obviously different traders have different ones available but essentially they are all the same:

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_32_13&products_id=232

ALaN

Member +
What about another 90 degree bend to face the filter towards the front of the car. Apexi power intake came out tops on a recently posted test, it had best filtration and highest hp gains

churcherj

Member +
What about another 90 degree bend to face the filter towards the front of the car. Apexi power intake came out tops on a recently posted test, it had best filtration and highest hp gains

sounds like a good idea, just wondering if an apexi power filter will fit ok with just a 90 degree pipe added onto the relocation kit

ALaN

Member +
I ment for fitting the hks.
The apexi should fit behind to grill with the piping supplied in the relocation kit

durmz

Member +
i have a relocation kit sporting a hks mushroom, instead of trying to fit it in side ways it points face on to the front of the car, so essentially like chopping the first 90 degrees out of ure kit, but check ures is long enough to reach pass the rad, i bought mine second hand so think the guy built it up himself

churcherj

Member +
i have a relocation kit sporting a hks mushroom, instead of trying to fit it in side ways it points face on to the front of the car, so essentially like chopping the first 90 degrees out of ure kit, but check ures is long enough to reach pass the rad, i bought mine second hand so think the guy built it up himself

yes mines exactly the same its got a hks mushroom on it, but has seen better days and wana swap for an apexi! mine comes straight from the turbo inlet in a straight line to the front pointing towards the front bumper, no bends or anything. just not sure if i was to buy an apexi whether it would fit straight on, or would i need to buy the adaptor to make it fit? does that make sense lol?