Building an intercooler kit.

Wild

Member +
Hey guys & girls,

Just wondering if anyone has built themselves a custom intercooler kit using those pipe kits from eBay and such.

My application doesnt get pipe kits made for it so im going down the custom route.

Just hoping someone will have some pics of how they rigged theirs up, would be extremely interesting.

Thanks y0. :)

Wild

Member +
Yeah thats similar to what im looking at mate, but getting it from the USA so I can get pipes with beaded ends...

Dont have access to a welder though, was hoping to get clever with the right cuts ad silicone joiners!

G

gaz_turbo1

yeah will get this kit then cut all the pipe's to the right size then get them welded at work

hey man, I'm in the US...running a 4efte in a '93 Tercel

I went down the custom FMIC route also, I bought a universal bend kit, and cut them to what I needed, I also got most of the bends welded together (I have 12 silicone couplers total) and I also cut pieces to get different angle...for pics check my works in progress thread here:

http://toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=338

alfradio

Member +
hey man, I'm in the US...running a 4efte in a '93 Tercel

I went down the custom FMIC route also, I bought a universal bend kit, and
cut them to what I needed, I also got most of the bends welded together
(I have 12 silicone couplers total) and I also cut pieces to get different
angle...for pics check my works in progress thread here:

http://toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=338

Yeah! Me did same... errr, HAD IT DONE.. but, my setup uses only
3 silicone hoses (I think?)

FMIC.jpg

alf

Wild

Member +
Cool pic alf... and thanks for the advice both of you. I'm trying to do it on the cheap and don't have access to a welder :(. Any tips from you in that case? Did you route pipes under the rad or past the sides of it? Not sure what a terc is like in that respect.

EDIT: just saw what yours looks like rad wise troublemaker03, not sure if i have room like that to route the pipes, tercs and paseos seem to be quite different up front... :(

Still very helpful thanks again!

Last edited:
that radiator is a civic rad, which is why it looks much different than yours

and Alf, you have 2 other silicone connections on the actual FMIC itself

Wild, I'm not sure I'd use alot of silicone couplings, and you'd have to if your not getting it welded up, more silicone joinings is more possibility of them blowing off under boost...

Wild

Member +
Damn, we'll have to see.

i'm gonna have to do what you guys did with the pipe off the turbo, what metal is that so I know where im gonna need to take it to get it done...

Thaaanks! :) ;)

I just cut it, turned a section, and welded it back up mate

I DID NOT weld the aluminum piping....I dont have an aluminum welder...I took it to a buddy to take care of for me