buyin spark plugs?? wot are the best for the money and will last when modded..

wolfman43

Member +
as above^^^^

as need to get new plugs have had bocsh super 4s on it but wondered if there are a better plug.. as not sue wot heat rating the bocsh ones are???

as goin to bring the fuel up on the old girl so need a good plug that wont melt..

many thanks steve

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
then u want heat range 8 like me fella.. im soon to be 300bhp plus,
but at 270 ive had no spark issues with ngk iridiums heat range 8

steve-gers

Member +
depends how modified it is then. I run BKR7EIX on mine with no issues and was recommended to by a member on here you can look at my mods on my about me bit of my page.

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
depneds how modified, heat range 8 tbh suits me, as im running high boost and larger turbo..
but if say maxing a ct9 out to a bar, then heat range 7 would be fine.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
We stock heat range 7 & 8, Heat range 7 is what we use in almost every 4e or 5e :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

Rory

Lifer
Cat amongst the pigeons here, but iridium plugs are kek. Stick with the NGK copper's
No extra power to be had from iridiums either, and the coppers cost £12 from Frauds.

aidan

Member +
im after hearing from plenty of people now to stay away from the ngk iridiums that the tips tend to break off and wreck the cylinder's been told to go with the copper plugs

Texx

Super Moderator
Have used NGK Iridium spark plugs in the GT for the last 5 years, 2 sets to be precise. Changed the plugs about 3 months ago, so the first set we're in there for a good 4 1/2 years covering 45,000 miles without any issues. I've still got the old ones here somewhere.

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm a strong believer of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I've pulled the plugs every few oil changes to check their condition and never thought the need to replace them. Although after 4 years I felt I was probably pushing my luck a little bit.

wolfman43

Member +
on a spark plug its not wot you can see !!! its on the inside of the plug that fails... they get very hot.. the spark wont be as strong as it was.. you will get pinkin..

Texx

Super Moderator
4 gas analysis didn't indicate any issues, visually the spark looked good and strong, electrode colour and gaps were good, engine had no running issues, fuel economy was good, like I said I didn't feel the need to replace them.

I'm not saying it's good practice to run a set of plugs for such a length of time and I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to do so, but my point being is that in my experience NGK Iridium spark plugs work perfectly well. For the record, after replacing the plugs a few months ago, the engine didn't run any different, performance was the same and there has been no obvious change in fuel economy, so that leads me even more to believe that the old plugs were working perfectly well when they were removed.

Ive just changed my one 2 iridiums n its prob 1 the best things ive done since uppin the boost, sounds aload of shit breaking when there better quality? Boost is much nicer and drives alot smoother, old ones were cheap and prob hadnt been changed in a while mind. i used the ngk iridium heat range 7 im runin .9 bar boost on standard turbo with and fpr and fcd with the rest of the usual mods,

Last edited:

shanegt

Member +
car is near standard,safc/exhaust and i have never spent more than 20e on plugs.denzo have also served me well.