Bye bye GT, heres the new car.

After-Glanza

Member +
Well i had been trying to sell my TD04'd GT for a while there and on saturday 03 October it went to a new home, have to say i do miss the car and the fun factor of the td04 hitting boost lol I done a deal with it for this........
1238928-7.jpg

1238928-5.jpg

Its a 99 Honda Accord type r.
spec is
4-1 Manifold (heatwrapped)
Hayward and Scott exhaust system and decat
Lowered on shocks and springs
piper cams and skunk 2 adjustable cam gears
Standard air box with cold air feed

At first i had no intentions of keeping this car but it turned out to be a lot cleaner and alot nicer to drive than i had imagined so i got insured on it and i'm now keeping it. :) for a while lol

First impressions are, handles better than the gt did, not as powerful as the starlet was but when driven right and kept on vtec it pulls pretty well and im guessing it can take a lot of abuse. Seems to be easier on fuel than the starlet as well.

Will get some better pics when im back up home and get a chance to take some myself.

After-Glanza

Member +
really??what injectors where you running?what kms did u get to a tank??

yea i found the gt leathal on fuel, mainly because a lot of driving i was doing was short journeys stopping and starting, i was running standard injectors at just over a bar using a fcd and fpr method (obviously would have been much better fuel economy with management)

Johnny_C

Lifer
yea i found the gt leathal on fuel, mainly because a lot of driving i was doing was short journeys stopping and starting, i was running standard injectors at just over a bar using a fcd and fpr method (obviously would have been much better fuel economy with management)
true,im getting around 400-440 kms to a tank on standard injectors with emu.
fine car though,best of luck with it.:)

sanchez

Member +
Nice car matey, but you may miss the GT lol :(
Didnt some one else move from the starlet to an accord type-r and hate it recently??

After-Glanza

Member +
Nice car matey, but you may miss the GT lol :(
Didnt some one else move from the starlet to an accord type-r and hate it recently??

yea i believe some one did do that, not sure what the spec on his was though, apparently my one pulls a good bit harder than a standard one but have never driven one to compare lol

glanzajoe

Fresh Recruit
Look lovely pal, another one headin to the dark side:rockon:eek:nly messin il keep an eye out for ya, in what direction did ur gt head?

After-Glanza

Member +
my pal owned that car for years pal i put the shocks and all in it lol

Ah rite thats cool, good to know it was in good hands, you any kind of idea what power it would be running? haven't really got much experience with vtecs so cant really estimate it myself. lol

After-Glanza

Member +
nice motor:)

does it drop out of vtec when you change gear?

Cheers lad, na i can keep it in vtec most of the time now, 2nd to 3rd is a bit hard though, apparently the cams are still making power up until 8300 but im running the stock rev limit of 7800, need to get this sorted though.

anyone know an easy way to raise the stock rev limit?

First impressions are, handles better than the gt did, not as powerful as the starlet was but when driven right and kept on vtec it pulls pretty well and im guessing it can take a lot of abuse. Seems to be easier on fuel than the starlet as well.

Easier on fuel? :homer: I had the type R for a month,it was brutal on fuel,125 miles to a half tank if i DIDNT boot it,lol.Also i felt the handling didnt inspire any confidance :(. My old starbo would have pumped it round the back roads on both handling and power BUT the Accord aint really supposed to be about that :p. Each to there own but i just didnt like mine.

........On another note though, red IS the best colour for them,was my first choice but couldnt get 1 for love nor money,had to settle for silver.

After-Glanza

Member +
Easier on fuel? :homer: I had the type R for a month,it was brutal on fuel,125 miles to a half tank if i DIDNT boot it,lol.Also i felt the handling didnt inspire any confidance :(. My old starbo would have pumped it round the back roads on both handling and power BUT the Accord aint really supposed to be about that :p. Each to there own but i just didnt like mine.

........On another note though, red IS the best colour for them,was my first choice but couldnt get 1 for love nor money,had to settle for silver.

What kinda spec was your one mate and what miles was on it? well to 20 quid there i got about 135 miles which wasn't bad, deffo wouldn't have seen near that in the GT, no doubt about it the starlet was a fair bit quicker but im deffo happy enough with the handling and power of this considering it is my 'sensible' car if you know what i mean lol skyline or 200sx is next on the cards.

red is lovely in them as it really bright when you see the car in person.

AdDaMan

Member +
135 miles to £20 is amazing mate...i got offered a 2001 one of these as a part ex for my turbo accord. Was considering it but its 500miles away!
I currently get about 70-85miles to £20.

After-Glanza

Member +
135 miles to £20 is amazing mate...i got offered a 2001 one of these as a part ex for my turbo accord. Was considering it but its 500miles away!
I currently get about 70-85miles to £20.

Yea it was surprisingly easy although to be fair i drove it fairly easy for a lot of that but at least i know the potential for decent economy is there. lol tend to drop a bit depending on what side of 5800rpm i drive on haha

Heres a couple of better pics

DSC00070-1.jpg

DSC00073-1.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00072-1.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00071-1.jpg