bzg/bzr?

carbon

Member +
does anyone know the differance between a levin bzr and a bzg. also which engine has more power the blacktop one or the silver? thanks

supernova

Member +
BZG has 5 speed gearbox, BZR is the top model Levin with 6 speed box and superstrut suspension although some BZGs have this as well. Black top is better. BZR are around 170 bhp stock iirc. Although this seems impressive, I have driven a friend's BZR before and it was sloooow! :p

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
BZG has 5 speed gearbox

No is doesn't, it also has a 6-speed box. Basically, BZ-G is the base model, has no bodykit or LSD (hence it's slightly lighter, and deemed to be slightly faster). BZ-G has the bodykit and the diff.

Both can have the Silver or Blacktop, although generally, from 1998+ they'll have the blacktop and the 6-speed box.

The Silvertop is 165bhp, Blacktop is 170bhp. Silvertop is easier to turbo...

I've got a BZ-R Blacktop (still!), and it's not slow...

Last edited:

supernova

Member +
Hmmm remember hearing somewhere that the BZG was 5 speed, oh well my wrong! As for it being slow, it felt alot slower than my mildly tuned Glanza :p

Both of them are slow for what they say on the tin few mates had them soft engines too. Not my cup of tea, but different strokes.

carbon

Member +
No is doesn't, it also has a 6-speed box. Basically, BZ-G is the base model, has no bodykit or LSD (hence it's slightly lighter, and deemed to be slightly faster). BZ-G has the bodykit and the diff.

Both can have the Silver or Blacktop, although generally, from 1998+ they'll have the blacktop and the 6-speed box.

The Silvertop is 165bhp, Blacktop is 170bhp. Silvertop is easier to turbo...

I've got a BZ-R Blacktop (still!), and it's not slow...
do you mean the bzr has a kit and diff? in what way is the silvertop easier to turbo?

hardcoreep

Member +
Silvertop 160ps
Blacktop 165ps

BZR replaced BZV as motorsports base car in 1998 with six-speed gearbox. Everything that's optional on the BZG is standard on the BZR, including SuperStrut suspension. After 98 all AE111 came with six-speed gearbox. BZG available as five-speed till 98. BZG SS has SusperStrut. Both engines have very high compression ratios and are tuned for JDM 100-octane gas, so expect reduced performance outside of Japan.

Last edited:

hardcoreep

Member +
bzr is best 6 speed box lsd blacktop
bzg has only 5 speed box and there a lot slower
Explain that to me if they are basically the same car. On the track the BZR is faster than the BZG due to the gearbox. On a straight drag the BZG is faster. This is because in the six-speed you have to shift twice to hit 60mph.

112-1256_IMG.jpg

98 BZR

wilson_front.jpg

96 BZG

levijn_001.jpg

96 BZV
Want to tell me the difference.

There's no difference beyond what I have said.

Last edited:

hardcoreep

Member +
There were also late 1997 levin bzr's around as well for the 1998 model year

Yes, very true. The BZV was around for one year. After the EK9 CTR was released the BZR was released in 1997. The BZG got the six-speed option during that year.

B Z G LIFE

Fresh Recruit
I have a 97 sprinter carib BZG. It has a body kit, black top, susperstrut, limited slip diff, 6 speed gear box. And this is standard. Some people reckon the 6 speed box came out after 98 but this is not true. The carib BZG came 6 speed from 96-01

This car is pretty quick. Used to own a 89 sprinter GT 4age 5 speed. But this one is way more gruntier and has a huge throttle body!