Caldina Stereo

CaldinaChris

Fresh Recruit
Ok I just cant listen to Wogan in the mornings anymore!

Any advice on how to replace the original Jap double din please.

I.e how to dismantle the dash to get it out or is there an easier method.

Thank you,
Chris

CaldinaChris

Fresh Recruit
At least now ive got the tape working and managed to dig out some Level 42 and Spandau Ballet(I know!).

Is there a matching or similar dash on another model that i could search for?

I tried matching it with other Toyotas but no luck so far

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Don't think you need to match it to another dash chap, you just need to be able to fathom how the hell the dash comes apart, take out the OEM rubbish, and then get yourself a nice double-din unit...

Texx

Super Moderator
I can't see any screws holding that dash panel around the radio in, only a few clips on the back, so I would think it just pulls off. You may have to pop out the dash panel just above first though as it may interlock.

Caldina1.jpg

Caldina2.jpg

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
I've pulled, pushed, lifted and all sorts, and it doesn't seem to want to move... I just don't want to hear that dreaded 'pinging' sound where a little piece of plastic's detached itself...

CaldinaChris

Fresh Recruit
Thats a more than helpful diagram,thankk you,

Looks I will be giving the pushing and pulling a go tomo,
I will let you know how I get on hopefully without any snapping noises!

CaldinaChris

Fresh Recruit
I've pulled, pushed, lifted and all sorts, and it doesn't seem to want to move... I just don't want to hear that dreaded 'pinging' sound where a little piece of plastic's detached itself...

Well that was easy.

Centre of dash pulled straight out(tray at top first),
Plenty of room to remove and refit inc the units brackets,
all that was needed was the adapter from Halfords for £15.99

Sounds great and best of all no damage

weeJohn

Lifer
I replaced mine as well with a Subaru double din unit, but now the TV bit wont eject any more so a bit pissed off.

I tried one of those band width expanders before that but the maths of adding 12 to all the frequencies was a bit to much for my brain in the mornings lol.

Caldinarod

Fresh Recruit
I got a double din unit off ebay from HongKong. It looks fantstic, the tv works well, the dvd player dito BUT navigating MP3s is impossible, the blue tooth doesn't work and the radio only works in warm weather! I might try the subaru idea mentioned above.

weeJohn

Lifer
I got a double din unit off ebay from HongKong. It looks fantstic, the tv works well, the dvd player dito BUT navigating MP3s is impossible, the blue tooth doesn't work and the radio only works in warm weather! I might try the subaru idea mentioned above.

It is slightly smaller than the Toyota one, I put rubber strip around it to fill the gap, looks fine.

I would have a look at one of the VW Golf units as well, they look a pretty good match.