can anyone diagnose this geabox prob please??

leon

Fresh Recruit
right the geabox driveshaft has play in it at the gearbox cups and is leaking oil, could this possibly the the driveshaft surclip?
help is much appreciated

leon

Fresh Recruit
yeh, it went in but there is play its suspected to be a surclip on the driveshaft you reckon that is possible?

corofin12345

Member +
yeh, it went in but there is play its suspected to be a surclip on the driveshaft you reckon that is possible?

well if the surclip is damaged the shaft spline wouldnt mate with the box propperly.. all you can do is take it out and see mate.. you defo sure it clicked in.. is the cv joint pulling out of the box 2 easily?

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
its just got play if you pull and push on it the garage said

well if the gerage couldnt solve it mate there must be bigger issues.. could well be surclip.. take it out if you can and put up pictures mate.. not digging at ya but you must of damaged it puttin back in the shaft.. it can happen....... as i said get pics up and ill try and help you out or ill put up a vid of mine,, have a spare gearbox here ill show u with that..

leon

Fresh Recruit
well heres the story pal, sent it in garage cuz it was leaking, they changed the seals on driveshaft, yet still the leak, now there saying there is play in it but they have not took it out yet to see what is wrong, its being took out and looked at today in the morning about 9, hopefully it will not be something major im praying

corofin12345

Member +
well heres the story pal, sent it in garage cuz it was leaking, they changed the seals on driveshaft, yet still the leak, now there saying there is play in it but they have not took it out yet to see what is wrong, its being took out and looked at today in the morning about 9, hopefully it will not be something major im praying

hopefully not mate.. let me know how you get on anyway.. that surclip just holds the shaft in the box and prevents it from pulling out.. could just well be that.. best of luck in the morning :)

leon

Fresh Recruit
thankyou very much mate your advise has been well appreciated, and i will let you know how i got on with it and post it on this thread hopefully with a smile with any luck

Texx

Super Moderator
The inner joints will have a slight amount of play and should not cause a fluid leak. It sounds more likely that the new seal was damaged when the relevant shaft was being reinstalled into the gearbox.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
As Texx said the driveshafts have slight in and out play into the gearbox, the Driveshat oil seal has most likely been caught as they have fitted the shaft back in, i would get a new seal fitted and you should be fine.

If you need any further advice or fitting drop us a message.

Kind Regards,

Nick Jones
Tuning Developments LTD
TuningDevelopments@Hotmail.com
www.TuningDevelopments.co.uk

leon

Fresh Recruit
right, went to the garage yesterday they said it had the wrong cups fitted for the shafts, so i told the lad who i bought it off (who is always working on glanza's) what they said and he said all the cups are universal on glana's and get the car back off the garage and take it to him and he will sort it for me for nothing, should get the car back soon and sorted with abit of luck

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
right, went to the garage yesterday they said it had the wrong cups fitted for the shafts, so i told the lad who i bought it off (who is always working on glanza's) what they said and he said all the cups are universal on glana's and get the car back off the garage and take it to him and he will sort it for me for nothing, should get the car back soon and sorted with abit of luck

Yep, the inner joints are the same with the exception of the RH inner joint of a LSD driveshaft. I wouldn't be going back to that garage again.