Can anyone help me with distributor cap oil seals?

Monty

Member +
I have an oil leak and i beleive it is coming from the distributor cap, i think i need new oil seals for it. I have been informed there are two oil seals like "o" rings? Could anyone tell me where to get them or if there is a trader on here could you email me so i can purchase them. Even if anyone has the part numbers i could get them from toyota? I really need these for saturday as i am going 200bhp and would like to fix the oil problem :) my email if traders could sell me the seals is marcmontgomery2003@gmail.com

any help appreciated guys!

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
it is just 1 normal O ring seal. not sure of the size as i just removed the O ring and got a new one from work for nothing.

if you removed the distributor and then get the seal off you can take it to a motor factors or hardware shop and get an O ring that will fit.

Monty

Member +
I would mate but i need to order them so they are at home in scotland for saturday, i work in essex during the week so i dnt have time on saturday to go get them or i would. Thanks for the advice mate :) is there not two oil seals one inside and one outside?

dac69er

Super Moderator
from memory there is only the one. there is another seal but its for the cap.

someone should be able to come up with a toyota part number for you. if i had a spare dizzi i could get you one as i would know the size then ;)

Ted

Member +
the one inside nearest the cam always caused problems for me. even with a brand new seal it still leaked. i then added some silicone-job done.