Can anyone Help??? My car is loosing power!!

Hi all i am new to this!! when i was driving my gt turbo (starlet ep82) home yesterday i went to give her a boot full and as she started picking up i felt a suddon loss of power as if i am hitting fuel cut but was fine before this. It is worse in 3rd/4th/5th put your foot down and just does not want go any help?
RUNNING
uprated fuel pump
fcd
hks exhaust
airfilter
fpr
blitz boost controller

doesent seam to be missfiring just asif i loose all boost when you go to floor it. feels ok at low revs around half throtle upwards just holds back.
check pipes for leaks doesnt seam 2 be any?

Ben89

Lifer
Could be a number of things I would start off with the obvious stuff,
Fuel pump
Leads
Plugs
Distributer cap
Fuel filter
Check for damage signs of moisture and general condition, does it use any coolant or oil? And what's the spec?

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
could be a number of thing could be a burst intercooler or vacume pipe a turbo i had before when it started to go the boost droped to .5 bar. could be a cracked manifold. im sure some other lads will hav a few more reasons.

checked vacume pipes they seem to be ok. was running fine before this boost guage is reading but seam not to wanna pull like it should. dint know if it could be to do with boost controller solinoid?

Ben89

Lifer
If the Boost gauge is showing the same then I'm not sure it would be that, what's the spec? Could it be fuel cut? Sounds possibly like the fuel pump is breaking down at high load?

engine standard mate running just under 1bar of boost got fcd no engine warning lights are coming on at first it seams to be ok then u get near 3grand on rev counter it just seams to hold back.

Car still not right, help pleassseee!!

Hi all, My car (toyata starlet gt turbo ep82)is stil not right its loosing boost, have done a diagnostics test which was coming up code 31, mep sensor, i have changed map sensor, taken car out and noticed that boost is dropping, was reading 0.8Br dropping to 0.2Br, i cant notice any boost leaks so far!! Anyone Help??:confused:

kieran.s gt

Member +
I have copied over your last thread to this one no need to open a thread every minute on the same thing.
if you have something to add then post it here.

AdamB

Member +
As above, if it reads 0.8 bar then drops off to 0.2, could the the actuator spring thats gone weak and won't hold a constant pressure.

it seam to be ok at low revs just when you pit you foot down around half throtle and more boost guage shows 0.8 bar then starts dropping off. could it be linked to my boost controller solinoid? checked for leaks on vacume pipes and intercooler cant find any.

kellygt

Member +
Any good tuner should have a tester to check the actuator spring for you, just replace it then with an uprated one like a HKS actuator if it's faulty

ok i have anouther starlet gt turbo i will take actuator off and try that any chance could be linked to boost controller solinoid

JonoPhilpott

Member +
This happened to me buddy... I didnt put a C Clip on my wastegate/Actuator the rod of the actuator popped off unwound itself a few threads and sat itself back on the shaft of the wastegate (asif nothing had happened) ... Its worth a look!