can you fit a LSD in a non lsd gearbox??

wolfman43

Member +
hello just wondered if you can fit a LSD in a non LSD gearbox as have a great gearbox but it has not got a lSD....

if so wot are the best ones and where to get one from...

many thanks steve

thefalls

Member +
Sure thing you can fit lsds in the gearbox. the starlet came from factory with gearbox lsd thats outside the gearbox,hence the different bell housing and length of drive shafts. There are two types of lsds that you can fit in the normal gearbox,Mechanical or Helical type.

Both are equally good,one needs repair after sometime [ Mechanical/clutch type] and the other one [Helical] is fit and forget.

Over here most people go for Quaife/TRD/Kaaz. So it up to you.At the moment there is a great deal on one lsd in the sale section. TRD lsd for around 400 bucks and the seller is a nice chap too [ bought from him before ].

I suggest you read a bit on the site,lots of info.
Hope this helps.

wolfman43

Member +
ok cool... so it will fit then... do you just fit the LSD or is there any parts in the gearbox that need changing??

thanks steve

AdDaMan

Member +
Over here most people go for Quaife/TRD/Kaaz. So it up to you.At the moment there is a great deal on one lsd in the sale section. TRD lsd for around 400 bucks and the seller is a nice chap too [ bought from him before ].

I suggest you read a bit on the site,lots of info.
Hope this helps.

That's very nice of you to say. :)

As he says, I have a TRD one for sale if your interested..