Can't get it up! (Electric Window!)

rustyp

Fresh Recruit
Can't get it up! (Electric Window!)

Hello there, got a problem with my brother's Glanza I have borrowed. Passenger window went down but not back up! :confused:

Anyway took passenger switch apart and cleaned up contacts but not joy. Took driver's side switch apart and the switch that operates the passenger window is burnt out and unrepairable.

Is there away of bridging any wires to get the window to rise? All I managed to do was to blow the fuse.

Window motor appears to be impossible to remove with window down (I've had all door trim removed and mech un-bolted.)

Anybody got any useful advice, from experience, in getting it up (fnurk!!)

Car is a V-Turbo 99 face-lift model.

Cheers Russ

Spoonz

Member +
im not sayin your stupid or anything but u havnt locked the passenger window with the button ton the driver side have u?

Take off the door card and where the plug is for the motor plug it out and run + - wires from the battery to it. It should go up if not the motor it juiced (unlikely though its a 99) if thats the case undo the two m6 screws that hold the window to the actuator push the window up by hand and wedge it closed with a wooden board until you get it sorted.

rustyp

Fresh Recruit
On first glance i obviously thought this was a erectile disfunction problem.

Got your attention!!

Yes I have tried the window lock button to no avail - always assume the worst you do get some idiots on these forums - I was stupid enough mind you to put the window all the way down in the first place. It was only part way down and then I started playing with the switch back and forth trying to get it to work.

The problem is I can't get it to raise up - slowly or otherwise :(

Spoonz

Member +
Got your attention!!

Yes I have tried the window lock button to no avail - always assume the worst you do get some idiots on these forums - I was stupid enough mind you to put the window all the way down in the first place. It was only part way down and then I started playing with the switch back and forth trying to get it to work.

The problem is I can't get it to raise up - slowly or otherwise :(

is this aimed at me or the person u quoted??

do has core said at least the window will be up if it is the motor then look in the for sale section for ppl breaking cars or go to ukstarletclub has there are 3 glanzas breaking which have window motors :D

rustyp

Fresh Recruit
is this aimed at me or the person u quoted??

do has core said at least the window will be up if it is the motor then look in the for sale section for ppl breaking cars or go to ukstarletclub has there are 3 glanzas breaking which have window motors :D

Sorry mate to unintentionally insult you - I meant you do get idiots asking silly questions on forums and thankyou Corey :) - connecting battery worked a treat - it was so obvious I missed it by a mile - idiot moment

Next question - I seem to have blown the window fuse - which one is is it and I can't find one that is obvious? Cheers and thanks all - Russ