car faild mot today

garya

Fresh Recruit
Was pritty gutted today my car failed its mot failed on bulbs cv boot cracked seatbelt worn and a few other wee bits but there was two major things one my coil spring has snapped so anyone selling a set of springs let me know would rather have lowerd ones but standarf will do the next thing it failed on was the emissions it should be 3.5 and mines was 10.7 which is mega high god know why I have no mods not even a decat just a blitz filter dump valve nur spec exhaust and that's it they said it will need a diagnostic to be sure but the rekon its either the oxegen sensor overfueling or ecu so that alone is 60 pound just to tell me wats up with it never mind fixing it so got the garage to fix what they can just now then al need to buy springs then al need to arrange to take it to that other garage for a diagnostic test so am pritty stressd lol sorry for the long story lol

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
do a dignostics your self to save the money i couldnt find the link for you but il have another look it will save you the 60pounds ;)

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
thought they dont have emission tests on mot coz they are imports and jus get basic emiision test which a tractor could pass

danb87

South East England Area Rep
thought they dont have emission tests on mot coz they are imports and jus get basic emiision test which a tractor could pass

i was told this aswell, i think certain mot centres will do it that way. an other wont. but they did mine but done something too make sure it went through. all legit tho.

garya

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for all the comments guys i think it would be the cheapest option to do the diagnostic myself.could anyone tell me whats the worst it could be and is it costly lol thanks :D

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
i had a problemb before with emmisions and my timing was out and the cat was fucked replaced the can an set the timing and it was perfect the two bolts on the distributor were loose and it moved just had to put a timing light on it

turbostar

Member +
Also just check and make sure you have no leaks on your exhuste system even a tiny hole can mess up emission readings.

garya

Fresh Recruit
Also just check and make sure you have no leaks on your exhuste system even a tiny hole can mess up emission readings.

well i told them to sort the manifold out as it sounds blown but it just needs adjusted as we stuck the manifold on the car while it was still connected to the turbo which was a silly idea as its prob not lined up correctly but i didnt think that would effect the emissions i have told them to sort the manifold dont know if they have dont the emission before they fixed it or after never asked