Car insurance

hello everyone
just been having a look online at insurance for the hell of it, got bell to quote £790 fully comp with no volantary excess declared modded with 4yrs no claims with the usual bit and bobs. Not too bad i think your agree so i thought i would see how much to get fiancee put on aswel shes 22 with a PROVISIONAL and it took it down to £778 ! Now it might be just me but i would say thats more of a risk ....... so i thought ill put my dad on the insurance who has 40yrs no claims (granted max on site was 15+) and the price stayed at £790
major con me thinks

Timmy

Member +
Plus she is on a provisional licence so she would alway have someone in the car with her, put her in on a full licence and the quote will go up.

dac69er

Super Moderator
put my girlfriend on the insurance on my other car and it bought it down. she has 0 no claims, doesnt have her own car and has about 2 years (limited) driving experience.
doesnt go up or down if i add my dad but goes down if i add my mum!?

just becuase she is female it goes down.

its madness how someone with little or no experience can get these types of discount .... well next time im insuring it fiancee will be going on ..... i need to reep the benifits of cheaper insurance