car missfiring NEED HELP

Craigy

Member +
my gtt is miss-firing when you get it upto operating temp and when you get it on to boost at high revs. its fine if you gently put your foot down, but when you push the throttle straight down to the floor its starts missing. ive changed the plugs but hasnt made alot of difference. has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? could it be the distributor timing that could be slightly out of maybe just the plugs and dizzy cap? any help would be greatfull. :(:confused:

clutch wouldent have any thing to do with it missfirin that would spool the revs out and car not do much, sounds like its missing on full beans underload check your rotor is clean mate....... sounds like the sparks are breaking down on load as your giving it full throttle with all the airflow its got so its doing it with to much air basically as you said doesent do it if you do throttle slowly ???

the spark would need to be alot bigger when full throttle dude so sounds like it cant get them bigger sparks

Craigy

Member +
yea its a missfire not the clutch. no faults present. anyone know where i can get a dizzy cap/rotor arm and sum leads? they are weird leads as they clip onto the dizzy cap instead of just pushing on.

M

mad_max926

I had this exact problem mate its your leads i changed plugs, coil, dizzy cap everythinglast thing was magnecore leads and it fixed it trust me mate its the leads i posted the exact same thing onto uksc and in the end had to find out for me self its weird caus elike u say if u slowly put your foot down it pulls okish but if u put flat it jerks and splutters

Craigy

Member +
yeas sounds promising then mad max. where did u get the magnecore leads from? wills21 ive never experianced fuel cut so i couldnt really tell u if it is or isnt. anyone got a video of fuel cut?

churcherj

Member +
yeas sounds promising then mad max. where did u get the magnecore leads from? wills21 ive never experianced fuel cut so i couldnt really tell u if it is or isnt. anyone got a video of fuel cut?

get them from a trader off here mate, monster motorsport, tm developments, tuning developments etc loads of them sell them. fuel cut is just where your boosting over the factory level, your engine management light would come on and your car would "jerk" cutting out, doesnt seem like its that mate, as said try the leads, plugs and other components of the ignition system.

M

mad_max926

trust me mate im telling u its the leads i have clip type as well i got mine from camskill.co.uk and it arrived quick

GlanzaV.Tee

Member +
did this turn out to be the dizzy or leads ? or plugs? i had a friend pop 2 pistons well 2psi on 2 pistons and the other 2 have 150psi but not sure whats gone yet rings or gasket so will keep updated

Craigy

Member +
i am still tryin to find sum cheap standard leads as i dont wanna spend £80 on some uprated leads and it doesnt make a difference

Craigy

Member +
sorry havent replied sooner. found the problem, it was the leads, put another set on and now runs mint, think car needs setting up on a dyno really to run really mint but im not too fussed about it